“Everybody should try this restaurant”
Review of Grill 55

Grill 55
Ranked #153 of 799 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The salmon was incredible and the wife loved the seafood linguini. Service was very freindly. A newly renovated restaurant made for a very enjoyable evening. Will definately go back to grill 55.

2  Thank robbethshop

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was going to Denver! One stop in Detroit! There, it went bad! Very bad! I ended up in Windsor, without laces on my shoes!

I walked to the Grill 55. Then, Lynn took care of me! She did that all week long!

Same for Shannon, Sarah and als!

The GM is Steve, a former Montreal guy! Nice and caring!

Finally, I spent most of my week there!

Outsanding place for a guy that almost hijacked a plane in Detroit without being arrested!

A nightmare not that bad after all!

Me Daniel Larrivée
Barrister and sollicitor

2  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Your in for a treat. Do not miss out on this restaurant.
I travel and eat out 150+ days a year.

Quality and value are hard to find. This location has it.

2  Thank solmountain289
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had an AWFUL dinner here last night. We were seated pretty quickly in a nice big booth on the other side of the bar. Our server Tarah, took our order which was Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Grill 55 Chicken Wings, Onion 55 and Applewood Smoked Ribs Full Rack. There was 3 of us and we did mention we were sharing our meals so that we can try everything. Our food arrived and Tarah came back in 2minutes asking how the food was when we didn't really try everything yet!! After a couple of minutes, we realized we didn't get any dinner plates to eat with. Server was no where to be found and I had to wave down another server to get it. Then we realized we weren't provide a proper knife to cut the ribs, so my 9 months pregnant friend stood up and was trying sooooo hard to get someone's attention! Finally at least after 5mins, she manage to get a server from the bar side. We even had to asked to get our water filled.

Food: Spinach & Artichoke Dip was very disappointing, it was NEON GREEN with nothing to dip with except 2 small pieces of toast! I guess after you finish the toast you drink the bread bowl?!?!?! It is called a "dip" for a reason isn't it?! Chicken Wings was very tiny and dry! Ribs was alright but our sweet potato fries that came with it was soggy and cold. Onion 55 was the best thing compared to everything else we had. By the time, we had our plates to eat with and the knife to cut the ribs, all our food was already cold! We were already too tired to complained and just wanted to get out of there at that point.

When Tarah return to clear up the table, one of the knife fell off the table and it almost hit me. Without any comment about are you ok, she just said "Oh, it didn't get you." Really?? No apology, NOTHING, took the plates and walked away. The grease stain on the seat was beside me but she didn't offer a cloth or wet napkin to clean it.

When she did come back with the bill, it was wrong. I had to pointed out to her, again no apology, but "Oh yeh, I forgot".

As a supervisor for customer service industry, I am appalled how bad my service was last night. I would NEVER recommends Grill 55 to anyone. But in fact I will let EVERYONE know how disappointing it is to dine at your restaurant. Good luck on continue with your restaurant but I don't think this place will go far if you continue to have this kind of service. No matter how pretty your pictures are of your food, you can NEVER hide the ugliness of your service.

2  Thank Mia L
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My Husband and I came for Lunch ,
Just to try something new , The Food was Fantastic.
I would tell all my friends and family to eat here

2  Thank Marcy M