“bed bugs anyone?”

Royal Windsor Motel
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here multiple times as it appeared cleaner and neater than most hotels, is close to the school, and was cheap. What I didn’t expect was to stay here and find bugs crawling out of the bed in the evening. When I asked to be switched rooms due to the bugs everywhere I was told that there were no other rooms available and there is no refunds. They said there was a recent bed bug extermination and there shouldn’t be the issue anymore. After I physically showed the front desk multiple bed bugs, they finally allowed me to transfer to their friend’s motel early in the morning, which costed more and had no heat or internet. After I transferred, I found bed bugs crawling out of my clothes and in my car, and had several bites. Wouldn’t recommend to my worst enemy..

Room Tip: Bed bugs and broken heat in the right second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lauren T

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here with friends, 2 rooms. Clean and neat. A bit spartan but he price was great. Would stay here again if I need a cheap place in the area. Owners are friendly. Not a big hotel. Looked like 8-10 rooms on each of the two floors.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Greetings,

OK, this place is not actually accessible from Huron Church Road, so you'll actually need to access a side road close by. This isn't really bad because it's a busy street with all the US traffic, but just something to be mindful of. This place is a not a palace, if that's what you want and are will to pay then stay at Caesar's, but it's an ok place for a short stay and does have a kitchenette inside, but it's not that great an option for longer stays. The staff are nice and friendly, but it's coming down to the old rule, you get what you pay for. If you're ok to save some money but going a bit down scale then this place can work for you. My room was clean and the washroom was ok, but I had to ask for toilet paper, which was promptly given, but at Caesar's you wouldn't even have to be asking.

I do recommend this place if you're like me. Always on the move and trying to save money, but get good value. I don't mind to skip on some of the fancy places if I can save 100 or so dollars per night. It just depends are you and your circumstances if you'll decide to stay here or not.

Happy and safe travels!

Room Tip: If you're needing assistance or wheelchair access then I'd suggest a first floor room. I did...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James A
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place was cheap and close to where we needed to be. Reviews were good but would absolutely not recommend this motel. The carpets were dirty but the bed and the bathroom was clean. The front desk guy was testy!!
The bed was comfortable. Tim Hortons was nearby and it was easy to the border.The walls of the room need washing and somebody needs to vaccuum behind the doors and the bed and desk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ricarda B
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and was really happy with the value that I received for the cost ($45/ night). The room was a bit outdated, but it was very clean, so I didn't mind. The bathroom was particularly clean: it looked like it had been recently renovated. The kitchenette was nice to have, although I did not use it. I felt safe in the area and was happy to be outside of the downtown area (as it would have been noisy at night during the weekend). Free parking was a perk, too. Very friendly service. I was a bit nervous about staying here because there aren't many reviews online, but I would be very happy to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this motel on Friday April 19 and Saturday April 20.
The room was fairly clean, but could use some extra TLC. It had a small fridge,stove,microwave and sink.
The room was made up in the morning with fresh towels.
The price was reasonable and I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was our frist time staying and if we were to come back to Windsor we would stay here again our room was very clean and it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple