“You will not be disapointed!”
Review of Calabrisella Ristorante - CLOSED

Calabrisella Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for 12 years and I can honestly say the food is great, the service is great and I almost feel like the owner's are family as we are on first name basis and share personal and family stories. Coming here for dinner is uplifting and fun. We have also been at this place for birthdays and special occasions and that also worked out well
It is true there are fancier and more expensive places to dine to which I have been but did not leave them with the same warm and fun feeling that I have dining at calabrisella .
Kathy

1  Thank kathy m

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I'm not a fancy type of person, so I would have never been here unless I was a guest for a business lunch. Two others at the table were there once before about 2 months ago. The server, Toni, remembered their names and what they had last time. This is the first time I have ever been given a hug before being seated. I wasn't sure what I wanted, so I asked Toni what she thought I should have. Toni brought me one of the best rib eye steaks I've eaten. I worked in and ate at plenty of fancy restaurants before, but I have never experienced such a personal and friendly atmosphere before. The espresso after lunch was awesome! I will be back again for sure!

3  Thank dice_jay
Reviewed January 11, 2013

When was the last time you got a hug from the owners when you left a restaurant?

My husband, myself and our son were in Windsor to visit family over the Christmas break. We didn't know where to go for dinner and my husband found Calabrisella on Tripadvisor. We were NOT disappointed!

From the moment we walked in, Toni (who remembers guest names through the evening and makes you feel like you are in her personal dining room) makes one feel welcome. Calabrisella is reminiscent of restaurants we had visited in Italy - from the decor to the freshly prepared menu (and menu suggestions by Toni). It has always been said that a restaurant's true merit is told by the number of locals who visit it...and Canabrisella is no exception as it was great to see local Italians just popping in for a glass of wine, some food and a chat (in Italian of course).

In Windsor's "Little Italy", Calabrisella's menu is authentic, fresh, and flavourful. The added warmth and friendly service by Toni was the icing on the cake so-to-speak.

I can't recommend it enough. A true treasure found in the most unlikely place. Loved it!

3  Thank Gayle S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It was our first time in Windsor so we went with tripadvisor's number one rated restaurant. I called ahead to make a reservation, thinking the number one restaurant would be busy on a sat night. This was not at all the case--two other tables were seated. We were greeted by a friendly waitress. The atmosphere was lacking. Some people described it as authentic Italian looking--it looked like a restaurant that would be on the next Reataurant Impossible. The menus were in a plastic school folder and the items were slim compared to the online takeout selection I looked at before I came. The wine selection was very slim consisting of one red and white table wine for glass or liter selection. The waitress brought us some bread which wasn't anything special. I ordered the manicotti and my fiancé ordered the veal. The manicotti and sauce was good, but the portion was very small for $16. The veal was very thin and my fiancé said he thought the sauce was out of a can ( different than my sauce on the manicotti).

I respect the fact that they are a family run business but, they need to update the decore and atmosphere if they want to compete with the very busy other Italian restaurants on the street. I would not say this deserves to be number one--it just has the most ratings in Windsor which skews their scores. I probably would try another restaurant in Littly Italy if I come back.

3  Thank Le0186
Reviewed January 5, 2013

called last Sunday at 4pm we were informed the were not opening till 5pm and only then because they had a party.{Must be closed most Sun.} Toni then told us to come right in as the chef was there and ready to work. We enjoyed a great meal and friendly service. Planning on going back with friends soon.

4  Thank 2happytravellers33