“Hugs from Toni”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We visited this wonderful Italian eatery on May 19 after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. We traveled under the blue waters of the Detroit River to spend the evening in Windsor, and could not have been more pleased with our choice. Toni greeted us upon our arrival, and the ended up taking care of us. The restaurant is small, perhaps ten to fifteen tables, and had a very quaint, homey vibe.

We had some questions about the menu and Toni helped us with our decision. My wife had the salmon (amazing) and I could not decide between the shrimp pasta special and the sea bass. We ended up compromising; Toni suggested I get the sea bass, and the side pasta would be the special (including the shrimp, which surprised me). So, in the end, I ended up eating both the fish and shrimp pasta special, which was fantastic.

We had read that Toni gives hugs, so we jokingly asked her if she would indulge us and she did. You truly leave feeling like friends or family, and we later commented that this kind of experience is very rare and welcoming.

Please give Calabrisella Ristorante a try when you are in town as we are convinced you will have a memorable experience, like ourselves. Thanks, Toni!

1  Thank WildeOrton

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I took my wife and daughter here for an early Mothers day dinner celebration after reading so many great reviews.
We found the food to be good, maybe a bit on the bland side, but certainly very fresh with homemade sauces from fresh local ingredients.
They were quite busy the night we went which made the service a bit on the slow side. I sat for a good third of the night with an empty water glass. Having said that, the wait staff were very friendly and personable. The famous Toni was busy with other tables but she did take the time to greet us on the way out, enquire about our meal and thank us for visiting.
We will give it another try.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Had rigatoni with Italian sausage - couldn't have been more pleased!

1  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My fiance and I were looking for a new restaurant to go to as we frequent the Italian eateries on Erie street quite a bit. I found this one on trip advisor and we were not disappointed one little bit. The owners are so nice, Toni will hug you at the end! The oil dip was amazing, right along with the homemade minestrone soup. We got calamari and mussels to start and they were delicious. I can still taste them! My fiance ordered the Veal with truffle oil and he loved it. I ordered the gnocchi with a blush/meat sauce. Exceptional! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We went to Calabrisella Ristorante because of Trip Advisor reviews and we were NOT disappointed one bit. The restaurant is quaint, very casual and the food is outstanding!! Toni, the owner is your waitress and her husband is the chef (sorry, I forgot his name)! The oil dip that Toni brought out was yummy, just like the calamari we ordered. My husband and I both had sea bass, mine with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and olive oil and his was made with their tomato sauce with capers both with a side of whole wheat penne pasta which we requested. Toni made the evening most enjoyable. She has this certain sparkle to her and I told her that she would made a great neighbor. We would go back in a minute and hopefully will soon!! Yummy yummy yummy!