“You should try this elegant ristorante!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Il Gabbiano Ristorante
Ranked #29 of 768 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Toronto, Canada
“You should try this elegant ristorante!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my first time dinning at IL Gabbianos in Windsor and I thought it was fantastic! My husband is from Windsor so when we visit, we tend to go to all the same places and I wanted to venture out and try something new. I kept hearing from customers in the area that I must try this so when I finally did, it did not disappoint. The setting is warm and cozy and the staff was absolutely top notch. We were waited on by three different people and anyone that came to our table brought us anything we needed. The owner even came out twice and chatted with us. The staff was not over bearing and since I was taking a few customers out, I did want some privacy and did not want to be bothered, and I was impressed with the attentiveness but it was not smothering……just the right amount of attention. The food was all delicious and very fresh. My customers were impressed with their dishes and mine was spectacular! I have to also note that the wine list has a good variety and if you are taking out customers, know that the prices of wine here are excellent and most under $70. I would recommend this place to anyone and I am going to have to make my new family visit to get them out of their boring same old routines of going to the same places in Windsor.

• Visited December 2012

Windsor, Canada
“Excellent Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a nice night out with some friends. Everyone enjoyed their food. This restuarant is looked on Erie Street which has many Italian restaurants to choose from. This is the one we usually come to. Very nice decor. Simple but nice. We have even been to a small wedding held upstairs. It was very quaint and personable. Nice wedding and the food was fabulous that
night.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Just like my mom used to make”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Was in for lunch on Tuesday amazing as usual always bring in business clients never disappointed. Service was good and food was delicious. Free wifi was appreciated as it was a business lunch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
“Perfect Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am from Toronto and I came to Windsor for the weekend with my wife. We stayed at the Casino and asked where to go. We were told about Il Gabbiano and made reservations to go there. We had never been there before and everytime we came down to Windsor we went to other restaurants. We had an amazing time and we will definately go again. The food was amazing and the service was not only professional but also very entertaining. He knew his wines very well and gave great recommendations. Me and my wife always dine out and this was probably one of the best experiences we ever had. Everyone needs to try it.

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebrated our 40th and LOVED IT !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We just want to say thank you for a great night last weekend. My wife and I have been in for dinner many times for a romantic dinner for two and we thought havinjg our 40th birthday party celebration together with family and friends at Il Gabbiano . Host Joe and Dragan did a great job and special thanks to the Chef also . From the passed Hors Deurves to the main course, everything was great and we were not rushed. the ambience and service was perfect. . Our guest were all talking about it and some of them have never been to your place They will be back for sure. Thank you again for a great 40th birthday Celebration and you will see us before the Holidays.

• Visited November 2012