“Great Pizza”
Review of Armando's Windsor

Armando's Windsor
Ranked #41 of 773 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howard
Description: Authentic stone fired pizzas, wide variety of delicious pastas, chicken, veal and seafood dishes, and now serving TBQ ribs and chicken! Everything is prepared fresh and made to order. 5 large HD TVs, a media room, intimate booths, and a cozy lounge make Armando's great for any occasion. We invite you to come in and experience our delicious food, relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff.
London
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Maybe the best pizza I have ever had and great value too. Pizza was fresh, fast and fed 4 of us for $25. I will drive an hour to have this again.

• Visited April 2014

Windsor, Canada
“Disappointed, Do not book for large party”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was so disappointed with this place. We had scheduled to have a family members wake at Armando's and it is an experience I never want to repeat again. When we first got there everything seemed very disorganized, which didn't upset me too much as we were a large group. Unfortunately things did not improve from there. It took nearly an hour for the staff to take our orders; now don't misunderstand me, we had told them in advance that we were coming and they had a limited menu we could order from in order to make it easier for the kitchen staff to keep up. After our orders were taken it was another hour and a half to get the food, all told 3 hours before anyone saw any food. Then after we got our food we only had a half hour to eat it before the restaurant turned out the lights and told us to leave. I will never eat here again and will absolutely tell anyone thinking of having any function here to try elsewhere. It made a bad day absolutely worse.

• Visited April 2014
john p, Manager at Armando's Windsor, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Good afternoon Dani:

I need to respond to the review that you posted on our email and trip advisor. I was present the day you came in for your family wake and please accept my condolences. I do have to take issue with the things you posted. Your party arrived larger than we had been told so yes we did have to add some tables for your guests. Your orders were taken and appetizers were on the table in less than a 1/2 hour. Your food could not have taken 3 hrs as you arrived at 2:00 pm and left before 5:00 pm. You were not asked to leave and we did not turn the lights out on you as the restaurant is open until midnight. I am sorry you were disappointed but all your guests commented to me as they were leaving how good the food and service were. The lady who paid the invoice also commented to the servers how good the food and service was. I will be contacting trip advisor and the funeral home( who we have had a great relationship with for years) to dispute your claims.

Nancy Dunn
Manager Armando's Cabana
“confirmation party”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had recent party here with our family (feb 24/ 2014) and our dinner was excellent, the service was amazing, The servers knew we only had 2 hours for the party as we had to be in mass. We had an array of appetizers, salad and the main meal served at a great pace and everyone enjoyed their meals. We had the blackened salmon (absolutely delicious and I don't even eat salmon but this was made to perfection, we also had the chicken supreme filled with asparagus and cheese wrapped in prosciutto , veal scallopini, the ravioli pasta. Every dish was tasty and done to perfection. OUr families enjoyed the meals and we even had time for them to cut our cake and serve coffee or tea.
I should not forget the manager/server thoughfullness, as I asked her to type up a menu for our family to choose an entree, she not only typed it up but added a touch of design.
Everything was done so nicely and professionally. A place where our family always enjoys and has many family gatherings with service that is always superb or outstanding plus great food.

• Visited February 2014
“WORST SERVICE!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I went to armando's on Cabana off of howard and it was very bad! The waitress was very unpleasant and rude. The food wasn't the greatest he had a pizza and I had the spaghetti with meatballs, noodles tasted over cooked. I'll never recommend Armando's to anyone nor will I returning.

• Visited February 2014
Windsor
“Lacks Organization! - Food quality on par with similar Italian restaurants”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

It must not be my week for restaurants, two in a row one in Detroit and one in Windsor were less than enjoyable! To promote Windsor Restaurants, there was a special Winter program and we decided to check it out.

Starting with the menu, I would say if offered good value and the quality of the food was on par to similar restaurants.

Where this restaurant fell way down was right from entering the door - The reservation was bumped to accommodate a larger party. I am all about seeing a restaurant succeed, but if you have a reservation for an area you should honor it! Also when 'you overbook', staff your restaurant accordingly! You may make a good return that night, but people tend to remember when they are treated as second tier to larger groups or parties.

Lastly, if you advertise for meals on a special menu, make sure you have all the items. The management was apologetic and offered a complimentary meal, but overall the evening was a disaster as they really did not have it all together. In closing I will say the quality of food was good but the service was highly disorganized and timing of the meal presentation, terrible. I may go again but I would repeat and emphasize reservation time and date. I would also ask if they are hosting large parties.

• Visited January 2014