“A good stay”

Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came for a baseball tournament, rooms were clean. We had a suite which we would reserve again. Heather who helped me with our team reservation was a great help, very quick in replying to emails and accomadated our team with ease.. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Good Day and thank-you for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that we can have you and your team as our guests at next years tournament!

Take care,

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Pre booked this room a few days in advance as we needed a stop over on route to usa overnight.
When we arrived at midnight..we were shocked to find used beer bottles everywhere. ..bed looked sat on and carpet dirty. We wanted to leave but our daughter was asleep. We obviously asked for another room. The front desk person didn't sound surprised when we told her about it. ? Conmon occurence maybe that staff liked toi celebrate in un occupied rooms ?
Anyway..the room we got looked not a whole lot different except no beer bottles. ..but we were exhausted and just wanted to go to bed.
The bed seemed dusty and sheets smelled. I did tell the staff a few days ago when I booked that my daughter has asthma and to guarantee the room is non smoking and cleaned well...instead I got the opposite. My daughter had an asthma attack because of the uncleanliness..good thing I had all her meds or else I woukd have had to bring her to hospital !
On top of that...the housekeeping kept bothering us as early as 9 am in the morning wanting to clean the room ! At one point pushed the door open when it was ajar as my hubby quickly went out to get ice and left door ajar accidentally. You wpuld tgink housekeeping would respect our privacy and knock first...instead they just liberally opened it !
Scared the crap out of me. Then they knocked again at 10 then 11...am...I was so fed up and upset at this hotel..you would think front desk would have the courtesy to tell housekeeping we arrived late the day before and had to switch rooms because of them.
DO NOT STAY HERE. ..! We paid over 120 bucks for this one night and this is what we got!
The management should seriously review their policies and accommodations ...and the health hazards their premises present !

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank adventuregirl1111

Good Day and thank-you for your comment. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. I am very eager to discuss and resolve your concerns with you directly. If you could kindly contact me directly at 519-972-1100 or via email at cis@cogeco.net it would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife, myself and our young son stayed in a king suite at this property 7/26-7/29. We wanted some extra room for our toddler son to play and we thought that having a separate sleeping area would be beneficial for all of us. It worked a treat but unfortunately using the bathroom at night required the adults to exit the partitioned room containing the king bed and traverse the living area which contained the crib. Fortunately our son is a hard sleeper so this presented no real problems.

The room itself was clean, bright and large. The bed was very comfortable....I'd like to know what kind of mattress they had so we could think about getting one for home. We asked for and received a room facing the courtyard because Huron Church Rd. is busy with truck traffic at all hours of the day and night. If you are a light sleeper I would highly recommend taking a room facing the courtyard.

We were most impressed with the substantial breakfast included in the room rate. Many hotels are chintzy when it comes to supplying breakfast....this was not the case at this location. There was plenty of sausages, plenty of eggs, and plenty of bread products, yogurt, coffee, etc. at all times.

All in all a good stay. Would definitely consider this property for future stays.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should ask for a room facing the courtyard. Huron Church Rd. is very busy with truck...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Good Day and thank-you for your review. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed staying with us while you were in Windsor recently. The type of beds we have in our guest rooms are called Simmons Beauty Rest with the pillow top. Enjoy!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

First off, got to the room only find a large gash in the ceiling , obviously from water on the roof. How the cleaning staff missed this and didnt notify the front desk is beyond me !! We got a change of room, ( good thing cuz it poured later that evening !!) The new room appeared a little better until we opened up the sleep sofa and out popped a pair of panties !!! Un-real, again, I dont think the cleaning cares . There was a huge party in the hallway, smell of pot, guys throwing footballs in hallway.
On a positive note, the staff at front desk were excellent !! they felt for us and actually managed to have us change hotels.

Would never stay here again and wouldnt recommend it . It is old and requires serious updating.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Good Day and thank-you for your comments. I was fortunate enough to contact you directly in regards to your concerns and I hope I was able to resolve these concerns to your satisfaction. If not, please contact me directly at 519-972-1100 or cis@cogeco.net and I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

First, I had to adjust the dates of my reservation at the last minute. The changes were made easily and at the same rate as previously booked. Access and egress at this property is a bit challenging until you understand the area. Our experience with the desk staff was first class throughout our 2 night stay.

We parked inside the horseshoe shaped parking lot behind the hotel which allowed us to bring our luggage directly into the room. It was disappointing that the areas that were not paved in this area were almost knee deep in weeds. The room itself was crowded with two queen beds. The room had tired furniture and wasn't very uplifting in its decor. The beds are comfortable and the room was quiet. Still, upgrades are needed. It was reasonably clean considering the age. There were no odors.

The Breakfast room was very nice, well appointed and offered a very good breakfast selection. The biggest problem we saw here was a maintenance one. It seemed inconsistent. They could do much better. They score well on friendliness and breakfast. The room is average and general maintenance is a fail for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cashman777
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank-you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Could you please contact me directly so the maintance concerns you have can be discussed. I would like to ensure anything that requires fixing in the guest room you stayed in is done as soon as possible.

cis@cogeco.net

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here twice, most recently to attend a university graduation. The room was adequate. However, the fridge did not work. I had juice, fruit and other food for my trip back next day. I called the front desk. The clerk came up, tried to get it to work, but could not. She said there was no repair person available at night (it was about 8 pm). She was nice, and brought some ice to help cool the food. I do think that large chain hotel should be checking the appliances on a regular basis to ensure they are in working order.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amite1102

Thank-you for your comments. I apologize that the fridge did not work in your guest room. We are currently in the process of checking all the guest room fridges to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This experience at this comfort suites has made me decide that I will NEVER stay at a Comfort Suites again. Even though they are owner operated, there should be some sort of standard among all the chain. When I brought my concerns to the Head Office, they simply put me in contact with the local hotel who basically said 'sorry' you had a bad experience. No effort to offer another stay or additional bonus points on our membership card. The staff are exceptionally friendly, but they cannot help that the hotel owner had decided to fix things only when they break....and naturally that means that the customer get inconvenienced. Who rents a hotel room without knowing that everything is in working order? Between the response from Head Office and the response from the local hotel, although we travel a lot, we will never stay at any of the Comfort (or any of their sister hotels) again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary Q

Thank-you for your comments. Our records indicate that the air conditioning in your room was not working properly when you arrived back to the hotel in the evening and that we were able to move you to a room which the air conditioning worked better. We also had our maintenance employee fix the air conditioner in that room the very next day. I apologize and understand that moving rooms is never a convenient option but we felt that was the best option to ensure you had a comfortable stay at the time. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our free full hot breakfast. Most of our guests enjoy and look forward to having this provided during their stay. Our records indicate that the air conditioning unit was the only item broken in your guest room. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact me directly.

cis@cogeco.net