“Wow- great experience for a team!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge

Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Dorchester
“Wow- great experience for a team!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good, clean hotel, great pool area for the kids, friendly staff. We came with 2 hockey teams from our association and were very pleased at how accomodating the hotel was for our use. Management very helpful finding us a spot to have a team get together for pizza and to watch a hockey game together, even though the hotel was full! Would definately recommend this hotel to our friends staying the area. Thanks from Dorchester!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

We needed a hotel after a long day of driving. Didn't have time to price-compare. So we picked this one, and it was a great stay--but expensive.

We did run into an issue with our neighbour partying and smoking (non-smoking hotel). We mentioned it to the Front Desk clerk who did nothing about it. Our asthma was very bad by morning.

Pros:
- Clean and safe.
- Beautiful pool area.
- Good breakfast.
- Super comfortable beds.

Cons:
- Inattentive staff
- Smoking in non-smoking hotel
- Expensive

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Good Day and thank-you for your comments,

I apologize that you experienced another guest smoking in our non-smoking hotel. We take violations such as this one very seriously and do have penalties in place that other guests are responsible for if they smoke in our non-smoking facility.

I would be eager to discuss your concerns in further detail so I try to prevent this from happening again. Please contact me directly at 519-972-1100 or via email at cis@cogeco.net if you would like to discuss this with me further.

Thank-you for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites Ambassador Bridge Windsor. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Beth Lewis
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Windsor for one evening. The hotel is recently renovated and very clean. My room was perfect. Perfect size, clean, and had a new bathroom. Plenty of hot water for the morning shower. Continental breakfast was ample for a quick morning bite. I found it very comfortable and had a relaxing evening. The employees at the front desk were very friendly and provided great service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Comments made by other reviewers about the difficulty of getting in and out of this property are accurate. The stairs to the upper level are a bit steep but manageable. On my first stay we had a king suite in a corner of the ground floor. The odd-angled bedroom was a tight fit around the king bed, but the living room and bathroom were both spacious and comfortable. Bedding is as per virtually all other Comfort Inns I have stayed in, and beds are very comfortable. Second visit was a walk-out Queen room, and third visit was a second-floor two Queen room. The rooms are a tight fit with two Queen beds, but manageable. The bathroom vanity is a decent size, plenty of room to spread out your things. All three rooms I was in came with refrigerators, and two had microwaves. The rooms are spotlessly clean, and are fine as long as you remember that this is not the Savoy or the Ritz!

The large indoor pool area includes a sizable pool with kiddie slide (not too deep, the whole thing ranges around 3-3.5 feet of water). There's also a hot tub and a shallow kid's wading pool, and plenty of terrace space around them -- all indoors.

The breakfast area fills up quickly if lots of people come down at once, but there's a good selection of continental breakfast items as advertised -- not "full breakfast", so no cooked eggs or sausages, etc. Everything I've eaten there was nice and fresh.

The real bonus of this hotel is that all staff -- front desk, housekeepers, breakfast room -- are always so polite and pleasant, and helpful with it. More than anything, that's what makes me glad to keep returning here!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor facing the inner courtyard -- parking at the door, and these are very quiet roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Liberty Twp
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I stayed here with family. We were in town for a funeral and reservations were made at the last minute. The rooms were clean and comfortable as was the bathroom. The shower had a new shower head and good water pressure. It looks as if the Inn has attempted to upgrade bedding like the big chains but in this case the bedding was middle of the road as far as charm and comfort. Four small pillows per bed each a different “softness” level, no special comforter. The breakfast was cold cereal, waffles from an iron and a selection of bagels, muffins and doughnuts. I think it should be called “a selection of bagels, muffins and doughnuts” rather than breakfast. I guess there was oatmeal, orange juice, apple juice and little granny smith apples too. The desk staff seemed nice. The inn absolutely needs better signage to get one in and out of this place. If one is coming from the bridge one will pass the inn before seeing the entrance. To enter one needs to do is turn off of the main road about a block prior to getting to the inn and driving a back street. I arrived after dark and did not notice any signs directing me to the inn. There is sports bar in the same parking lot and one can find every fast food chain and groceries close to the inn. I only stayed the night and didn’t have an opportunity to use the indoor pool or exercise room. The pool area looked inviting. I guess I am spoiled but I think the price to stay in this establishment was a bit high compared to other inns in other towns. The rate for all the motels in this area is high. Ironically, I could have stayed on the river at the casino for less money than here (weekday rates). I will probably look around for a better value next time and if I am unable to find one, I will return to Comfort Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you travel with someone who has a difficulty walking and climbing stairs. Pl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Danegd
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank-you for your comments. We appreciate reading comments from our guests which helps us assist in the continuation of improvements in our level of service. I am happy to hear you were satisfied in the condition of your room. All of our guest rooms and public areas have been recently renovated and were completed earlier this year. I apologize if you found that our Comfort Sunshine Breakfast did not meet your needs. If you wouldn't mind contacting me directly to discuss this further if there are items you feel should be added to our breakfast, I would be more then happy to consider adding them. I agree that the signage on Huron Church Road is lacking for our travelling guests. Recently, we have been working with our local Ministry of Transportation to have additional signage added to light poles and stop lights on Huron Church Road so our guests have a more clear indication of where to turn and when to access our rear entrance when coming from the Ambassador Bridge on Huron Church Road. We hope to have this resolved and the approved signage added soon. We feel that our rates are fair, reasonable and competitive for our area and include a wide variety of complimentary ammendities that our guests benefit from. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a chance to stay in one of our 1st floor guest rooms. These 1st floor guest rooms have a patio door with access to the parking lot and several of our ground floor guest rooms have drive up parking spots. As your comments mentioned that your travel arrangements were made last minute, we may have been sold out of these ground floor guest rooms during the time of your stay, however, these room types can definately be requested and our front desk staff are alway eager to assist in making your stay more comfortable.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to contact me directly via email at cis@cogeco.net or via phone at 519-972-1100. It would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to speak with you and resolve these matters before your next visit to Windsor.

Thank-you,
Beth Lewis
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I think this is one of the largest Comfort Inn's I've been in. The hotel is a U shape and you can walk a while to get to your home. I don't recall seeing an elevator so anyone who has difficulty should book a room close to an exit door or a ground floor room which has adjacent parking. The room I booked was had 2 queen beds and there isn't much room between the beds. My only fault would be trying to regulate the temperature in the room with the wall mounted unit and not having a thermostat to set the temperature. I interrupted the check- in person from reading her novel at 8pm. The check out person was most polite.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

evrything was at aour convenience,staff was excelent,staff was so ready to answer all our needs

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business