“Trucker At Large”

Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Dundas
“Trucker At Large”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Well I have read most of the previous reviews and have to somewhat agree with some of the comments. Cigarette smoke odours, the cleanliness of the hallway carpet and the doors to the rooms certainly needs to be addressed. If management says there will be something done then so be it and when it is done...thank you. Pricing is also an issue. Why is it less expensive to rent a room with 2 beds than with 1 bed. Seems to me it would cost more to clean. Anyway for me it is the convenience. I have noticed the odour has diminished somewhat. I would suggest the two tables in the breakfast area be changed to 3 or four smaller tables to accomodate more guests. And lastly...to get the very best possible rate at this location one must reserve on line and be sure to include any CAA/AAA memberships.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert K
Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor ON, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Robert K,

Thank you for your review. Please know hotel is planning to go 100% smoke free in the future. I do apologize for your experience .

Hope you will give us another opportunity and we will make sure you will not be disappointed.

Again thank you for your review and hope to see you soon during next visit to Windsor, ON.

Angeli Vaidya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mississauga
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hotel need renovation. Rooms are in the poor condition. Front desk staff doing exellent.
Bathroom in good condition

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor ON, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Vadym K,

Thank you for your review, Please know management do realize that hotel is in need of renovation. And in the future management is planning for a major renovation.

Current conditions of the hotel rooms are not bad and every staff of the hotel is trying its level best to make sure all rooms meet the standard and quality of each and every guest we serve.

It was nice to know that you were happy with our front desk staff and also with the condition of the bathroom.

I would be happy to talk with you and get your valuable input in what way we can improve it in the future. You can contact me at 519-966-8868.

Again thank you for your review and hope to see you soon during your next visit to Windsor,ON.

Have a Super Dayyy!!!

Barrie
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here because of proximity to the US border which we crossed the next morning. The bed was comfortable and the desk staff person friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ellen S,

Thank you for your review, It was really nice to know that you really liked the location of our hotel as it is in very close proximity to US border and also it was really nice to know that you enjoyed the comfort of our bed and were happy with our front desk staff.

Every staff at the hotel is looking forward to see you soon during your next visit to Windsor, ON.

Have a Super Day!!!!!

Toronto
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the super 8 this past weekend. our warm welcome from an attendant was non existent! we waited 10 mins for someone to show up. what really bothered me was he wanted me to sign a blank bill of sale which stipulates the fact that I am responsible for all charges listed. I asked him to fill in the amounts before I sign and he was appalled. I don't get it. The room was decent. clean and basic. Would I stay here again... I'm still undecided. and don't count on the continental breakfast-at 9am there was nothing there. I wonder what they consider breakfast time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor ON, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Natalie D,

Firstly I would like to apologize you and your guest on behalf of my front desk staff who was not present on check-in. Please know after inquiring with him I was told that he had to go to one of the guestroom to help one of our senior guest with his laptop.

Hotel clerk asked to sign the registration form with all your details and license plate number of the car. It is just the standard procedure at our hotel. Please know our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your guest in the future and we will make sure you will not be disappointed.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 519-966-8868.

Angeli Vaidya

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels