Super 8 Windsor Ambassador Bridge
$92
  • Pool
$66
$81
All reviewsbooked roomsgreat sleepwould stay againnice roomambassador bridgeborderusa
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the super 8 this past weekend. our warm welcome from an attendant was non existent! we waited 10 mins for someone to show up. what really bothered me was he wanted me to sign a blank bill of sale which stipulates the fact that I am responsible for all charges listed. I asked him to fill in the amounts before I sign and he was appalled. I don't get it. The room was decent. clean and basic. Would I stay here again... I'm still undecided. and don't count on the continental breakfast-at 9am there was nothing there. I wonder what they consider breakfast time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Natalie D,

Firstly I would like to apologize you and your guest on behalf of my front desk staff who was not present on check-in. Please know after inquiring with him I was told that he had to go to one of the guestroom to help one of our senior guest with his laptop.

Hotel clerk asked to sign the registration form with all your details and license plate number of the car. It is just the standard procedure at our hotel. Please know our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your guest in the future and we will make sure you will not be disappointed.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 519-966-8868.

Angeli Vaidya

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed in Windsor a few times over the last few years and by far the Super 8 just failed on many levels. If you plan on simply just staying the night and driving out the next morning, then this location might be okay. I found the odours at the Super 8 to be so strong. First, as you walk in the distinct strong smell of perfume and I want to say curry is very noticeable and is not what you want to be greeted by. The rooms upstairs were plagued by the remnants of smokers cigarette smells. Not at all what a person wants, especially as a non-smoker. The odours influenced my decision to leave early, though I lost the money on the room I already paid for. The service was friendly though the one guy's knowledge of English was questionable and difficult to understand. Maybe not the best choice for the front counter. The location of the Super 8 is rough if you want to do anything in Windsor. A solid 10-15 minutes to downtown, 15-20 to the north side, you have a boot to anything. There is nothing of substance within walking distance. No decent bars, mediocre choices for food. I would just stay elsewhere considering the obvious detractions going against the Super 8. Though relatively clean, the passive nature of the staff with loud patrons at 430am was not appreciated. I have seen much worse than the Super 8 in Windsor, but I have seen so much better.

Room Tip: I'd be staying elsewhere unless you want a cheap place to stay while in transit on the way to/back from the US.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear TD Superstar,

Thank you for your review, I would like to apologize for your experience which was less then satisfying. Review such as yours help us improve our services on daily basis and please know your feedback is very important to us.

Hotel is considering to go 100% smoke free and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again I apologize for your experience and if you would like to discuss further please call me at 519-966-8868.

Angeli Vaidya

Reviewed December 1, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Reviewed November 17, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super_eight_windsor, Manager at Super 8 Windsor Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012