All reviews front counter staff short stay stay there again great experience hala airport housekeeper
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Check your room when you get in your room to see if it' s clean our wasn't . The site it's self is clean the people there were very nice the location is great access from the 401, I just would checked before unpacking your suitcase, I just think the person that cleaned my room was not to good

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TravelodgeWindsor, General Manager at Travelodge Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Hi Mikel,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. First off, we appreciate the kind words for our staff and the general outcome of our hotel.

I wanted to apologize for the experience the occurred when you checked into your room. Please allow me to look into this matter further. While we are unable to get the contact based on your user ID, we would be really happy if we could reach out to you. Please contact me at the hotel or email at travelodgewindsor@cogeco.net.

In general we strive to ensure and smooth check in for our guest. We want our guest to enjoy their visit to Windsor. The last item of concern should be a guest hotel stay. Our general protocol is the ensure our rooms are ready for our guest prior to check in time. In addition our housekeepers are to double check all rooms when finished to ensure all items are completed. As such we would like to look into your stay further to determine what had occurred so we can rectify the matter for the future in the event of a break in our protocol.

We would hope that you would give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. Again please contact the hotel and ask for me personally to discuss this matter further

Yours Kindly,

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Needed a hotel on short notice (family funeral) and found this at a reasonable price. Buyer beware! The best thing was you could walk across the street to good restaurants. and close to airport. Julia at front desk was very helpful all around. Now: The room - seemed clean but toilet stain and blood on sheet. AC super noisy. TV very hard to operate (my sister's didnt work at all) Breakfast ok but need better fruit offering and really plastic styrofoam bowls, plastic utensils. I guess it saves cleaning. Pool - was told it was dirty from recent rain so that was a no-go. Usually have more time to research things - lesson learned.

Room Tip: you might want second floor facing away from the main road ...but just choose a better hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear S.D Rutldege,

First, myself and our staff would like to offer our sincerest condolences to your family.

However, I truly appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight into your recent stay at Travelodge Windsor. It provides a view through the eyes of our guest which helps us continue to provide and improve our service to our guest.

I wanted to apologize for the experience during your stay with us. Although I cannot change the outcome of your previous stay, I want you be assured that the points in your review are being addressed. This level of service is not up to our standards and will be addressed with the appropriate party.

I agree with the difficulty with the television operation. As we switched to digital cable, we are now required to operate 2 functions on the remote control. This has been a concern which we have advised our vendor Cogeco. Happily they have listened and will be removing the digital box as part of bringing fiber optic service to our area. The remote control will become very simple to operate.

Like you, I myself do like silverware, and over the years we have changed multiple times. During this year, we have found a lot of our guest are grab and go individuals and as such we had switched back to plastic utensils.

I would like to discuss your stay a bit further. Again, please accept my sincere apology and we hope we can have to return to our property to provide an outstanding experience.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The front desk clerk was nice and the breakfast was ok, though they do offer fresh, hot pancakes. Their system had us in the wrong room but the clerk expertly fixed it and had us in the right room. Cutlery at breakfast was plastic (I prefer to avoid plastic when possible.) Plates and bowls were styrofoam. Cups were paper but the hotel failed by wrapping them in plastic. The toilet in the room had issues. Grade C.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear Peter T.,

Thank you for taking the time to offer a view of your recent stay at Travelodge Windsor.

Although check in did not start of smoothly, I am happy to hear our staff had corrected the matter for you.

I also enjoy silverware. In the past we have had silverware and dishes. During this year, we have found a lot of our guest are grab and go individuals and as such we had switched to disposable utensils per multiple guest request. While I understand your concern to avoid plastic when possible we would appreciate further feedback on your concern of not having cups wrapped in plastic.

In regards to the continental breakfast, we provide the following: Fruits, Pastries (Muffin, Turnover, Donuts), Breads (Bagels, English Muffin, Whole Wheat and Regular Bread), 3 Choices of Cereals, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Coffee/Tea, Juices, Milk, 2 Spreads, Cream Cheese and of course, our guest favorite - fresh hot pancakes.

I would like to discuss your stay a bit further. We would like to have another try. We hope we can have to return to our property to provide an outstanding experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

Rooms were filthy and disgusting, terrible internet. Poor selection for breakfast, front desk was not helpful. no manager available for discussion. linen and towels had blood stains. overall poor experience and would not ever return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family

Dear R.T Wagner,

I would like to thank your for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Travelodge Windsor. Your thorough feedback helps us maintain and continue to improve the service we provide to our valued guests.

I am deeply disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay with us. While an apology will not regrettably alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I extend it with all sincerity. I do empathise regarding the points that you had mentioned in your review especially with the cleanliness of the room. This level of service is unacceptable and will be addressed with the appropriate party.

I have placed a protocol to ensure all rooms are rechecked prior to guest check in. In addition, while I am generally available for discussion, I have asked the staff to contact me if I have stepped out momentarily. Regarding the Internet services, I am also pleased to announce we have updated our Internet to fiber optic with additional access points throughout the property.

I would like to discuss your stay a bit further. Again, please accept my sincere apology and I hope this has not put off a return stay to our property.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Staff were good to deal with. Internet was very poor unfortunately and had slow connection speeds with frequent disconnects. Location is good and quick access to highway. Some decent restaurants near by.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear rwesleyrn,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay at the Travelodge Windsor Hotel. We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience while staying at our hotel near at the highway and food chains. We also appreciate your ideas for improving on our internet connection, and we look forward to serving you again!

Yours Kindly,