“best ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
“best ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2004

This is the best hotel ever. If you like to party this is the place to go.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2003

I should have known when I called to make reservations, and questioned the clerk about their casino package that they advertise online. The clerk had no clue,"she said we don't offer that". At any rate everything was fine until Friday night around 1:30 A.M. This hotel turns into a teenage ant hill that someone dropped a bottle of beer on. Doors started slamming vulgar language was heard clearly through out the halls. Security was next door trying to evict a bunch of drunk young girl's. This went on for hours. I went to the front desk in the morning to complain, and the clerk insured me the tenant's next door had checked out. Unfortunately, she didn't tell me we would go through the same thing Saturday night but worse. I called security Sat. night and asked for the manager. His response was if you were the manager would you stay here on the weekend's. Needless to say this place was horrid. When I spoke with the owner he reminded me this was a hotel not church. Do yourself a favor unless your under 20 and love to drink and swear at the top of your lungs don't stay here.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2002

My husband is a transplanted Canadian, so every now and then we head up to Windsor. Twice now, we've stayed at the Days Inn on Goyeau. The free parking is a big plus, and the staff has always been very amicable and helpful...even the housekeepers, one of whom stopped to wish me a happy American Thanksgiving. The premises are well-lit and clean.

The rooms are nice and well-kept, for the most part. They're clean, which is really all I look for - my ultimate test is whether I feel safe to sit on the floor while I knit and watch TV. There's a hair dryer, an iron, and a coffeemaker in the room for you. The beds might be kinda lumpy, depending on the room you get, and once we had noisy neighbors. My only real complaint about the room - the first one - was that one of the bathtub knobs had been completely removed and was lying on the side of the tub. I put it back on for them, but I forgot my toolbox so it probably wasn't tight enough. I guess you could say that was the worst shower I've ever had outside of Girl Scout camp...the drain was clogged and the water pressure was negligible. If we had been staying more than one night I would have requested a different room. The second room had better water pressure and drainage, as well as bath fixtures.

Not much view from the skinny little windows - mine have overlooked the parking lot both times (whee!), and the 24-hour McDonalds. Location is terrific - right there in downtown, just a block or two from the tunnel into Windsor (and I could see the tunnel to Detroit on the other side of McDonald's), and walking distance to all the great bars and restaurants on Ouellette, as well as to the casino. Also directly across the street from a Tim Horton's, which is why we endured the Worst Shower of 2001.

I want to go back to the staff for a moment to say how incredibly nice they are. I know that being within walking distance to so many bars, and having reasonable rates to lure the drunks, can tax one's nerves. The front desk clerks have been nothing but professional and courteous, always showing a welcoming smile.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Windsor hotels
Walkerville
Comfort Inn Windsor
#5 of 35 in Windsor
Bexon Rooms
#6 of 35 in Windsor

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

Property: Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Address: 675 Goyeau Street, Windsor, Ontario N9A1H3, Canada (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Windsor
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn & Suites Downtown 2.5*
The non-smoking Quality Inn & Suites(R) hotel in Windsor, ON near Caesers Windsor gives you real value for your hard-earned money. Our pet-friendly Windsor hotel is within walking distance to a beautiful waterfront overlooking the Detroit skyline. We are also close to a wide variety of restaurants, night clubs, theatres, entertainment venues. We are also only one block from the Detroit Windsor Tunnel, making travel to and from Detroit easy. Invite your friends, family or colleagues to your next event in one of our meeting rooms, which can hold 164 for banquets or 210 for conferences. Room amenities include refrigerators, desks, 40-inch TVs, irons and hair dryers. Some suites feature whirlpools. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn & Suites. Windsor hotels like ours help you relax and focus on the people and experiences you came for. Book now! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn - Windsor Hotel Windsor