“Wont Stay Here Again”

Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I travel with work frequently and have had good experiences at other Days Inn locations. Not at this one. I did not encounter one friendly staff member my entire stay. The front desk clerk seemed annoyed when I was checking in. I was also made to feel that I wasn't trusted as a guest of the hotel. The entire building had a bad odor and the room was no different. There was a lack of towels available in the room. Fortunately I was the only person staying in the room so was able to get by. If more than one person was staying in the room there would not be enough towels. One of my towels even had a dark stain on it. There was no coffee maker in my room nor was there any paper to be found should I have wanted to write down an address of a restaurant. On the morning of my check out, the hair dryer immediately stopped working. The front desk was advised that the hair dryer was broken and they sent maintenance up to look after it. Maintenance attended my room without a replacement hair dryer and advised they would return in about 10 to 15 minutes with the replacement. They knew the problem before attending my room and should not have needed to delay me. They should have had a replacement with them as I told the front desk what the problem was.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug722

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I don’t customarily write such letters but this is an exceptional situation, requiring an exceptional response.

We visited Canada on Monday, September 03, 2012 at about 3 PM. Since we didn’t intend on staying in Windsor that night, we made no hotel reservations. Unfortunately when crossing the border we received misinformation which made it necessary to stay over night.

We walked around searching for reasonably priced hotels including the Hilton, The Casino, Holiday Inn, Travel Lodge and the Quality Suites downtown. By the time we got to Days Inn we were very tired, hungry and frustrated. There were still three other hotels to visit but when we arrived at Days Inn the front desk receptionist (Mr. A. N.) greeted us professionally. We immediately felt welcome and relaxed. He provided us with hotel rates and details in a very professional and kind manor. We decided to stay. The price also was agreeable.

The hotel is not new but clean and comfortable. We stayed in room 321 and got our much needed rest. The hotel receptionist also provided us with accurate information about transportation and shopping which helped us a great deal the following day. Because of Days Inn and him our trip to Canada was a lot better than it may have otherwise been.

I wouldn’t hesitate recommending the ‘Days Inn’ to all my family, friends and co-workers. The staff and service are excellent.

Gray Land

Room Tip: Our room (321) and the section it was in seemed perfect
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am constantly travelling with work, and staying in hotels frequently. I have been in some pretty bad ones before, but this takes the cake. The smell of the entire hotel alone is a reason to avoid this place at all costs. I had a "non" smoking room, but it is apparent that this hotel doesnt cluster non smoking rooms together, as the stench of smoke in the hallway outside my room was very strong. There was also a very strong smell of urine as soon as you enter the hallways from the elevator. It became immediately apparent that 19/20yr olds from the neighbouring US cities (Detroit, Flint, etc), use this hotel, and city as a way to drink and go to bars legally as the drinking age in Canada is 19. There were tons of ridiculously drunk people throughout the hotel, "hainging out" in the hallways and entrance to the hotel.
The front desk staff here were some of the rudest i have ever experienced. It seemed like we were inconveniencing them by checking in/out.
The rooms were dirty and dank, and smelled gross. It is clear that only the bare minimum is done in terms of daily cleaning here. Seems as though no upgrades have been done since the 80's.
I was glad I only had to stay here one night for work, so was barely in the room. I left feeling dirty, and showered as soon as i got home - filthy place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I booked at the Day's Inn because the price was low, but I never expected it would be as bad as it was. First off, they took photocopies, not just of my I.D., but of my wife's as well. There is no air conditioning in the hallways and the one in the room barely works. There are two pop machines in the hotel, and both were out of order. On both days, the continental breakfast was empty at 9:30. Twice, we asked for extra towels and twice we were told they would be brought up, and they never were. We continued to find ants in our room. There were groups of rowdy young men who made noise most of the night. They also broke a beer bottle in the elevator and it was almost an hour before it got cleaned up. Shall I go on???

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just a block from the entrance to the tunnel to Detroit - we were going over for a concert. Very convenient location but.....the neighborhood was kinda freaky, there were lots of sirens all night, and the room was just OK -seemed reasonably clean but in need of some updating. Front desk staff at check in were nice. OK for one night but I would probably look elsewhere first if I needed a place in Windsor again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

May wife and I were in the area and eedecided to stay across the border. Always looking to save, we chose the Days Inn because the room rate was decent. The facility was outdated and worn. We enjoyed being close to all of the Canadian attractions, which was a plus. The staff that we dealt with were friendly and did their best to be helpful. If nothing else this establishment could use a good deep cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 28, 2012

If you are looking for luxury this is NOT the place to stay. But if you are looking for a clean place to lay your head while in town then Days Inn is a good value for your money.
My hubby and I stayed for a night here while on our way through Windsor and found it to be a very clean and quiet hotel. It wasn't fancy in any way and the morning continental buffet isn't much but for the little we payed we were happy. The room was large and very clean. What more can you ask for.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple