New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Calgary, Canada
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had to travel to Windsor to check out the university since I was planning to move there. I stayed at the Econo Lodge Motel and found that I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly, the rooms clean, location good and the price was just right.
The young girl at the front desk was very helpful. She was a university student herself and I was able to get a lot of information from her. She also recommended some good restaurants and things to do while i was there.
My two days went too fast.I had a wonderful stay and would stay with them again on my next trip.

Room Tip: I got a corner room that was facing the back street and it was very quiet since there is not much tr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank nieger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have stayed at this motel several times with my family while travelling to the states. It have always been a pleasant stay. Rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. I would recommend it to friends and family.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I personally prefer to have a room on the 1st floor and not facing the street as Huron Church Road i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pink C
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We booked the room for 3 days but after one night we could not stay there any longer. The carpet was so filthy we had laid the blankets down to form a path to walk on. You could feel the dirt/grease thru your socks. The bathroom was full of hair, it was just everywhere, the tub, on the floor, behind the toilet it looked like a small animal but it was just hair. I get nauseous just thinking about it. When I complained to the manager, I was told that he just cleaned the room and there was nothing wrong with it....I'm not a picky person but the room has to be clean. The prices are great but it is just not worth the dirty conditions!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I booked a non-smoking room from Expedia.ca for a Friday night. The staff were friendly and had a quick check-in. My room reeked of cigarette smoke (long-term smoking smell, stuffy) and there were two ash trays on the table so I called front desk to get another room but they were booked up. I had to be up early so I left it be. I called Choice Hotels the next day to complain and promptly received a letter of apology from the Econo Lodge manager. The letter insisted it was a non-smoking room. I then called the manager and she repeated that it was a non-smoking room and that she would consult the ash tray issue with her cleaning staff. It's too bad she didn't own up to the mistake because from now on I will not stay at a Choice Hotel again. She had also mentioned that they were booked up with a wrestling team so I wonder if they refused the room and I got the bad end of the stick? Nice management and customer care. Choice Hotels should notice their regulations more closely.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Wonzantoos
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

Just an overnight stay before crossing back to the States --- rate was $75 a night for a double; must be the off-season. Cheaper than a lot of the hotels in the area, especially when all you're looking for is a room, bed, and hot shower.

Speaking of the showers, they were hot and didn't run out. The neighborhood isn't too bad, and you could do far worse.

Hey, it's better than Detroit!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2008

I used to live in Windsor Ontario and this was the motel my guests would stay at when my place was unavailable. I stayed here myself in October and it is exactly what you would expect from an Econo Lodge. I gave it a neutral rating as that adequately expresses how I feel about this hotel. Nothing remarkable, either good or bad. It was clean, the staff efficient and friendly and we spent a night not a fortune. If your looking for a generic motel on a major roadway, this is it.

• Liked — It was satisfactory in every way
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

Needed to spend a Saturday night in Windsor so contacted Choice Hotels 800 number and asked for best price place.
I rate this Econo Lodge is above average because it was clean, the staff was friendly and the rate was excellent considering competing rates. But be careful of rooms facing Huron Church Rd because it is busy and noisy 24H (border crossing).
Overall a good stay.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ferguzian