“Little Walk” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
chicago
“Little Walk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2007

Stayed at Comfort Suites for a long weekend with some friends. It turned out to be a little further from the Casino and bars than we expected. Walking back at night was a bit scary the first night as there are some questionable areas that you have to walk through - took cabs the other nights. Nice rooms and staff was great - but wouldn't stay again due to the walk.

• Stayed February 2007
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank wabsig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boyne City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2007

I have been somewhat of a regular at this hotel. My job required me to be in the city of Detroit every other week for 2 years. Cost was always important as I had to pay for these stays myself. I have tried many hotels in the Detroit area but always came back to the Comfort Suites in Windsor. The location near Detroit is excellent. I never even tried hotels in the city because they are either expensive or in very questionable areas of the city. Well, the entire city is 90% questionable area but that's beside the point here.

Hotel staff has been very friendly and helpfull. The hotel is in a safe area of the city. The continental breakfast has always been excellent and the area is never overcrowded with people on weekdays. Rooms are nice with a seating area and the free internet is great. Beds are comfortable and heating/cooling is good in all rooms I have stayed in.

I encountered a few noisy guests over the years but the manager and the staff have always been very helpful to fix any problems. It's usually a very quiet place.

I usually paid about CA$75 which is an excellent value for this hotel. There is no swimming pool, restaurant or room service. Another good hotel in this same price range is the Days Inn near downtown where I stayed many times as well.

• Liked — Staff, location, accomodations
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Frank W
Ann Arbor MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2006

The room wasn't to bad, but I was charged twice and the hotel management will not ackknowlege the problem, very unprofessional staff, will probably have to take them to court.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank rmakers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2005

I was very satisfied with Comfort Suites Hotel and recommend it to everyone. I stayed there for 2 nights and everything was great. The room was very nice and very clean. It was walking distance to many restaurants and clubs. Also there was a free shuttle bus that came every hour that takes you straight to the casino. The staff there was very friendly and polite. In the morning there was a complementary breakfast that was excellent. Another great reason why I recommend Comfort Suites is that the prices fairly low. I checked the prices of other hotels in the area and found that Comfort Suites had the best rates for there excellent rooms. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and when I talked to them again, they told me what an excellent hotel it was. So if you’re visiting Windsor anytime soon, I recommend again, stay at Comfort Suites. You won’t be disappointed. If you have any questions about my visit, feel free to email me.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2005

I was very disatisfied with the Comfort Suites Hotel. I stayed there overnight and visited the Casino. The room was a disappointment, it looked much better from the pictures that were shown online. I also lost my cell phone and when reported the staff seemed unconcerned. In addition to that, I know I lost my cell phone at the front desk when I was checking in and no one seemed to notice a phone being found. After calling the front desk several times to see if it had been recovered, I kept getting different stories. One staff would say they believe it was turned in but aren't sure and another staff would say they don't know anything about a phone. I was also offended when I was unable to check out until someone was done walking through my room to check for damages when they had all of my information for billing purposes.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2005

Caters to the casino crowd, not really family oriented.
No Pool
Shuttle to dowtown for over 19 only
Clean with all-suites rooms.
Transitional neighborhood
SHort walk to downtown

2 Thank Jules003kids
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2005

The hotel staff were friendly at first but would not accomodate or offer solutions to my complaints. The room looked great but the pillows were very thin and lumpy and there were stains on my comforter. There was constant noise in the hallway from other guests who partied all night and even after a few calls to the front desk the noise did not diminish. The front desk staff was extremely rude on the evening shift when I told them about the problems with the room and they did not offer any solution to my problems. At breakfast the bread was moldy and the cream for the coffee smelled horrible and was definitely sour. The only pleasant experience I had during my entire stay was upon check out when the redheaded front desk girl, whose name I didn't get, was very apoligetic about my complaints and offered me a decent discount on my room. I was staying at this location because the company I work for has been sending its employees there for some time, but after I told them about my horrible experience they will now be sending us to a different hotel when a visit to Windsor is required.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business