“Affordable and Good Value For The Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Downtown

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Toronto
“Affordable and Good Value For The Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here on March 16th and 17th of this year for about $75 a night. The location was convenient in terms of proximity to downtown Windsor. Closeby were several restauarants and an excellent pub on the corner of Ouellette Street (Beer and Barrell, or something like that); which had music, ambiance, and good affordable pub food. The room itself had a quiet heating unit and everything that should have been there. Computer in the lobby, and a good buffet breakfast...lots of parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate and value your feedback. It's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Haven, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

In November 2012 my wife and I spent a get-way weekend in Windsor This Comfort Suites was an adequate accommodation that frankly could us a little investment but wow, the staff from the front desk and all other were great. For instance Margaret who attends to the breakfast room was so personable and helpful as I got our tea to take up to the room. The kicker came when I went back down and grabbed a paper towel so I could check my car's oil. On hearing this Margaret offered me a latex glove. I didn't want her to know which car was mine for fear of her rotating our tires.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with our staff and thank you for the kind words. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town!
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent the night on November 14, 2012. Stayed in a King Suite. Room was spacious and very clean. TV is not high definition flat screen type...it's the older style....but not a big deal as the tv was only watched while lying in bed.
Asked for a late checkout...was granted without a problem. Staff at desk at both checkin and at check out were courteous. Received a phone call 10 minutes after checking in to confirm everything was ok with room.
Bathroom is small...only 1 person can be in it at a time....but it does the job.
Free bkfst was basic fare...waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, danish, breads, bagels and yogurts. OJ, coffee, tea, milk to drink...plus fresh fruit (apples, bananas)
I would stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jimbo1001
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed one night at the beginning of October. The room had a musky smell but was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was nice, a few things to fix up but nothing was broken. Service was good, checked in and out easily. Great breakfast included.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We hope to see you again soon!
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay from Aug 27 to Sept 1 2012. Many thanks to Barry, and Jason who made my stay extra special. All the staff were welcoming and very accommodating, especially appreciative since I am environmentally hypersensitive. I was comfortable in my lovely clean suite with very comfortable bed, TV, fridge, microwave, desk chairs, internet, sofa bed, coffee table etc. I loved the delicious breakfasts, along with 24 hour excellent coffee or tea. I also really appreciated the free daily newspaper, and computer use in the charming lobby. The Comfort Suites Downtown, Windsor ON, was a great home away from home!!!!
Joyce Teron, Windsor, ON

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I was very happy to hear of your positive experience staying with us. We hope to see you again soon when you are in the area. Take care and happy travels!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Thank you to the staff of the Comfort Suites for making my stay relaxed and easy. The room was dated but clean, sheets fresh and bathroom spotless - everything you need in a hotel room. The front desk went above and beyond when answering my questions regarding what to do on my vacation in Windsor. I had a relaxed, enjoyable visit thanks to the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your comments are appreciated very much. We hope to see you again soon !
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The room I had a mildew odor as soon as you walked in and the a/c unit was not functioning properly and its filter was extremely dirty. The carpet was excessively worn. The next morning when I went to the continental breakfast area, there was no coffee made anywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends