“A great Home away from Home”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Windsor, Canada
“A great Home away from Home”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay from Aug 27 to Sept 1 2012. Many thanks to Barry, and Jason who made my stay extra special. All the staff were welcoming and very accommodating, especially appreciative since I am environmentally hypersensitive. I was comfortable in my lovely clean suite with very comfortable bed, TV, fridge, microwave, desk chairs, internet, sofa bed, coffee table etc. I loved the delicious breakfasts, along with 24 hour excellent coffee or tea. I also really appreciated the free daily newspaper, and computer use in the charming lobby. The Comfort Suites Downtown, Windsor ON, was a great home away from home!!!!
Joyce Teron, Windsor, ON

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I was very happy to hear of your positive experience staying with us. We hope to see you again soon when you are in the area. Take care and happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Thank you to the staff of the Comfort Suites for making my stay relaxed and easy. The room was dated but clean, sheets fresh and bathroom spotless - everything you need in a hotel room. The front desk went above and beyond when answering my questions regarding what to do on my vacation in Windsor. I had a relaxed, enjoyable visit thanks to the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
John322, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Your comments are appreciated very much. We hope to see you again soon !
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The room I had a mildew odor as soon as you walked in and the a/c unit was not functioning properly and its filter was extremely dirty. The carpet was excessively worn. The next morning when I went to the continental breakfast area, there was no coffee made anywhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Oak Park, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the comfort suites downtown, Windsor, Onatario for our 25th wedding anniversary. We have stayed at this hotel many of times and we keep coming back. The hotel clerk name Jason
made our anniversary extra special. He made sure we had a great room with a jacuzzi and bottle of champagne. He also gave us ideas of restaurants close by the hotel to go for dinner and a late check out time. The hotel is always clean and the hotel serves a very nice breakfast. Jason always makes us feel welcome. We wanted to thank Jason for going out of his way to make sure our stay was the best time ever. We will tell others about your kindness and your hotel. We will be back again. THANK YOU JASON!

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor have Jacuzzi's very nice and quite.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
John322, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially pleased to hear your comments about Jason ! It was gratifying to see that he went the extra mile to make your stay special. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mississauga
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Room: Sheets had not been changed. There was hairs on the sheets that were not ours for sure.
The carpet smelt so bad and I could tell they had not been cleaned. VERY moldy smell.

Area: A lot of bums asking for money and not a safe area if you have kids.Exterior of building does not look like a hotel.

Definitely needs updating for sure.

Room Tip: Make sure to get an UPDATED room for sure.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Bathroom is very new. Close to Casino and tunnel. The room has a divider like an open living room and bedroom. Clean and good service, Free breakfast although choice is limited. Free wifi and local calls. Staff is friendly. Microwave & fridge. Swimming pool is not on suite but you can use the one across the street.
A/C is noisy. Sofa makes squeak noise when sitting down. Good enough for a stay if you do not expect a huge lobby, restaurants and retail stores.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KenloToronto
John322, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that your stay with us was satisfactory overall. We hope that you will stay with us again soon. Your comments are useful and have not gone unnoticed. Once again, Thank You !!
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed December 5, 2011

In town for funeral. Good location to Windsor Tunnel. Nice clean room to sleep, and eat included breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank luv2explore50
John322, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us. I was glad to hear that you were pleased with everything during your stay. Please give me a call the next time you are in the area. We would look forward to you staying with us again !