“"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay."”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
windsor
“"I thoroughly enjoyed my stay."”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay. Jason at the front desk was very nice and helpful. He suggested many geat places to go; including dine in restaurants. The overall stay was great and the rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The hotel is just OK It was fairly clean and quiet. Not a very big parking lot. It is located in a very old neighborhood of Windsor that doesn't look very appealing. The day manager was GREAT! He was very helpful in getting us acclamated and gave us great directions for the surrounding area. The hotel is very close to Caesar's Windsor casino-a 2 minute drive. Also it is just a 5 minute drive from a WONDERFUL Italian neighborhood that has 4 or 5 great restaurants. Continental breakfast was adequate, good but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room to avoid the first floor noise and parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Large rooms for family with new lobby and walking distance to casino.best value for money and will stay gain when back

• Stayed June 2011
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2011

was here for 2 weeks closing on a house and ALL of the staff and management was great with info on what was going on in the city and very helpful with every request. I would stay again and recomend this hotel to friends & family.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2011

50 days living in a hotel room, the result of moving to a new city and new employer, could have been a very trying experience. But my stay at Comfort Suites, Downtown Windsor has been anything but. I transformed my comfortable and spacious suite into a temporary apt. The management & staff could just as easily have been my personal employees- such was the nature of their attentiveness, sincere concern for my well-being and comfort, and their frriendly and competent service. I had the opportunity recently to meet and share my gratitude to Director of Hotel Operations Christine Melnyk and suggested to her" if the entire planet were populated with her staff the world would have no conflicts" Thanks very much Christine, Heather, Jennifer,John, Jay, Andrew, Barry and all the rest of the employees at Comfort Suites, 500 Tuscarora St Downtown Windsor who contributed to my enjoyable and comfortable, extended stay!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Leamington, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed there on a weekend. The staff was friendly but not very helpful. The room we stayed in was dirty. (Found hair in the bed) Found 2 burnt out lightbulbs in the room, and the room smelt like smoke. The area was not so good either. We decided to take a taxi downtown to avoid the chance of getting mugged. Yeah, that bad. When I went to the frontdesk to ask for a razor, I was told that they had none available! Really? No razors? When I asked to speak with the manager, I was told that they do not have one. I left with the impression that the hotel was very un-organised. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank holdon1222
Guelph
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites because I like to collect the choice points, plus the price was right and we got the jacuzzi suite :)

You are about a 15 minute walk from the downtown / casino area. The rooms were dated, and the carpets in the halls and rooms were somewhat stained. There was a hit of cigarette smoke in our room (non smoking room) althought not bad enough to make us switch. The jacuzzi was nice. Room has a smaller tube tv. We kind of expect flatscreens nowadays. Breakfast was average: cereal, bread and waffles with decent coffee and good orange juice. Hotel was quiet and we were never disturbed in our sleep. Temperature was nice and cool. The windows don't open on the 1st floor. Our shower head was cracked but it got replaced the next day. King bed was comfortable and clean. They offer coffee and ice water in the lobby all day which is a nice touch. The internet is not wireless - you plug in which was ok with me since wireless can be hit and miss.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business