“Tired” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Ayr, Canada
“Tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this tired hotel. I was there on business but judging by all the 20 year olds partying in the hotel I guess I was the only one. The rooms have seen better days with dingy furniture stained curtains and yellowed ceilings. It's time for a makeover. The location right downtown would be great except that every store and restaurant nearby has shut down. Very depressing. Better to stay on Huron Church where at least there are some restaurants still in business

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Namellor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel to Windsor on business quite a lot and always stay here. The rooms are very large and are set up like a mini apartment making you feel right at home. The beds and pillows are so comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in the downtown area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Checked in after having dinner. There was a party down from our room. The staff came around and made them leave. Then they came by our room and also made us leave. We couldn't even stay in our room with the door shut. PLUS she made us put on bracelets before we could leave our room or we weren't allow to come back to our room for the night. I understand having to have the bracelets on before returning for proof you paid for the room but to make us wear them before leaving was uncalled for.

Do they make everyone wear these bracelets?

Rooms are in need of remodelling.
We do not recommend this motel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank saigem5

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Mimico, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I travel frequently to Windsor on business. My employer recently changed hotels and so, at first, I was critical of the "new place". I was wrong. It's actually very nice. The rooms are large and clean. The suite idea is a sweet idea! Each room has a separate bedroom area. Dark and quiet at night. The rooms have two TV's - one in the main sitting area and a second in the bedroom. Each room has its own thermostat to control temperature as you like. I bring food with me and the kitchen-style table and chairs are lovely next to the large, bright windows. The showers are clean. The front desk staff always greet me with a smile. And the beds ... I wish my bed at home were as comfortable! True, the carpet and furnishings are beginning to show their age, but a comprehensive renovation project is planned for 2013. I've come to enjoy my time at the Windsor Quality Suites. I almost hate to leave. And if you get the chance, try breakfast in the restaurant off the lobby. It was really good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lenox, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We spent one night at the Quality Suites. It is in a good location and is close to the casino. However, the room we had was in desperate need of remodeling. The carpet was stained not just in one spot, but pretty much everywhere. Not just little spots, but big stains. There was a plastered spot on the bathroom door that was patched but never painted. The mini kitchen area had chipped laminate, the mini grill was not cleaned, and the kitchen sink faucet had what appeared to be dried calcium build up or something all over it. The sofa was extremely worn and uncomfortable. One of the most annoying things was that there was a loud buzzing noise in the heating duct in the ceiling right next to the bed. It would buzz for about 30 seconds then go off for about two minutes and repeated the process the entire night. Also, when we returned to the hotel at around 12:00a.m., the elevator was broken and people were stuck inside. We had to be taken back outside into the cold and walk around the building to be let into the stairs.

On a positive note, the bedding was clean, the towels were clean, the bathroom was clean, and the room was fairly big. Desk staff fine. Check in no problem, however, I did not receive my bill under the door like I was told I would so I had to go to the desk in the morning and ask for a copy.

I suppose I would stay at this hotel again for a quick night if it was very, very cheap, but never for the price we paid. Next time I will stay at the Hilton for about the same price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smvkmv
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Lets start from the beginning , I'm excited to arrive in Windsor and enjoy my night . I walk into quality suites with a smile and wasn't greeted. I had to say hello first and there first words were,
Are u checking in ?
No hello , good evening , how are you? Welcome to quality suites.... Nothing.

I had a room reserved, where I called on the phone and I assume because I sounded young they reserved me on level 3 in a smoking room. Which is the "party floor" as I seen. As soon as i stepped out of the elevator my throat hurt from the smell of smoke immediatley There were stains everywhere , holes in the wall and just down right disgusting.

I went down stairs and was very polite and asked for a non smoking room on a different floor as I was not partying. She looked at me with a blank face and said,

"I don't have any more rooms available"
without even checking the computer.
She continued by saying ,
" because it is saturday night there is no way i am going to be able to stay in a better room "

As I believed this was NOT true I stressed that I wasn't accepting that answer and there is no way I am staying in that room for the price I was paying.

With in 2 minutes a non smoking room magically opened up for availablity, along with.
"But it's more money because it has a kitchen"
I said that's fine. She looked at me with a shocking face as if i was going to reply by saying nevermind. Then continued by saying
" oh actually it's the same price "

This employee looked so unimpressed at me, as she acted like I was a huge bother to her. This is the worst service I have EVER recieved in staying somewhere.

The next room we went to was definitely better but still not nice enough, considering the price . But will do for one night .

As I checked out in the morning there was a nicer employee there with a smile which was nice to see .

With the expiernce I had I will never return to this hotel as it was the most terrible experience ever.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Missright01
General M, General Manager at Quality Suites Downtown Windsor, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently. I'm surprised and disappointed to read of the issues you experienced while our guests. This is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards of quality and service. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and kindly respond to the message I sent you requesting details so that I can follow-up. Thank you very much!
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed here twice now and find the property very nice. The staff are most accommodating and the hotel is walking distance to many eatery's and the riverfront. My company used to stay at the Radisson and most recently the Hilton. For those that frequent the area you will know the Rad is now an independent and the Hilton needs work. I enjoy the large rooms at the Quality and have been getting the King Suite with the fridge and microwave.
The TV's are outdated but adequate for my needs (news and weather). While this property is not new it appears management is trying to keep it up.
I had breakfast in the adjacent restaurant and they may have been having an off day. The place was empty except for me and service was slow considering. I say an off day because my college has had a number of pub grub fare there and was very happy. I will definitely try it again to compare.
All in all I will definitely be back

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter from the street noise.