Well after spending many nights in Toronto and a few in the Falls, thought I try Windsor for 1 night since its so close for me to go. Had enough points on my trip rewards credit card for a free night, cool, just had to pay for parking. On a Sat night that cost $14 CN.
The place was pack with 19 and 20 year olds. All the clubs-at least many-are right on the street the hotel is on. Still, was not too bad. Was up on the 6 th floor out of 8 floors. Some floors-5th-were being redone. Room was very clean, was peaceful too when I return at 2:30 am. By 8 am the noise was picking up but well thats kids for you.
Beds were nice-had 2 queen in a non smoking room. Not super nice like the Marriott, Sheraton but nice. Pillows were very small and only 2 per bed-needed 3-4 to full it or 2 big pillows. Were lumpy too but that was the only thing I can say should be better.
AC was ice cold, the coldest AC I ever had in a hotel room. Never needed to put it on high, low speed was fine. A little loud but since it worked so good, there was no need to run it while sleeping. Hot water was fine, tub look worn but clean. Just need a shower anyways so no problems there.
Parking area was small but fine. My newer Buick was left alone. Was park there from 4 pm- 11 am the next day. If you have a big SUV you better come early because not all spaces it fit. They do have a lower level but I just seen the upper- Maybe its good for those SUV's.
For not being a Hilton, Sheraton, it was as good as they come for this type of a hotel. Would stay again-even on a Sat. night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor Hotel Welcomes You. Our hotel offers the ideal location for business travelers and vacationers in the heart of downtown Windsor. Recently changed to 100% non-smoking and centrally located on Ouellette Avenue, our guests are just steps away from dining and nightlife. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, "On The Avenue" for lunch, dinner or the all-day breakfast where kids under 12 eat free. It also features a cocktail lounge and a seasonal patio where you can relax and be seen on the strip. You’ll find plenty to do, from swimming in our heated indoor pool to working out at the fitness center. Our warm, friendly, multilingual staff are ready to accommodate your needs. We offer conference and catering services as well as a business center and meeting space. We are also just steps away from Caesars Casino, The Chrysler Theatre, and minutes from Detroit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Hotel Windsor
- Ramada Windsor
- Windsor Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Ontario