“Nice”

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Well after spending many nights in Toronto and a few in the Falls, thought I try Windsor for 1 night since its so close for me to go. Had enough points on my trip rewards credit card for a free night, cool, just had to pay for parking. On a Sat night that cost $14 CN.

The place was pack with 19 and 20 year olds. All the clubs-at least many-are right on the street the hotel is on. Still, was not too bad. Was up on the 6 th floor out of 8 floors. Some floors-5th-were being redone. Room was very clean, was peaceful too when I return at 2:30 am. By 8 am the noise was picking up but well thats kids for you.

Beds were nice-had 2 queen in a non smoking room. Not super nice like the Marriott, Sheraton but nice. Pillows were very small and only 2 per bed-needed 3-4 to full it or 2 big pillows. Were lumpy too but that was the only thing I can say should be better.

AC was ice cold, the coldest AC I ever had in a hotel room. Never needed to put it on high, low speed was fine. A little loud but since it worked so good, there was no need to run it while sleeping. Hot water was fine, tub look worn but clean. Just need a shower anyways so no problems there.

Parking area was small but fine. My newer Buick was left alone. Was park there from 4 pm- 11 am the next day. If you have a big SUV you better come early because not all spaces it fit. They do have a lower level but I just seen the upper- Maybe its good for those SUV's.

For not being a Hilton, Sheraton, it was as good as they come for this type of a hotel. Would stay again-even on a Sat. night.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank stillsmoking

Reviewed July 21, 2007

We got into town a little earlier than planned (around 12:30pm) and the room was ready and waiting for us. This was a big bonus that I really appreciated. In fact, when I talked to Ramada to book this room, they told me they would 'see' about getting early check in. I don't find too many hotels this flexibile - so it was much appreciated.

Location was excellent - walking distance to so many restaurants and bars, even the Casino.

I've stayed in a couple different hotels in Windsor.. all have some pros and cons, but the Ramada is definitly worth coming back to.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank jgriff26
Reviewed July 16, 2007

My husband and I recently stayed over night in Windsor. We booked this hotel online and didn't know what to expect. With confidence I can say that this hotel was a great value, even though they were undergoing renovations, we couldn't even tell it was going on. I can't wait to stay there next time when the renovations are done. We enjoyed walking downtown to the river and Casino.

Our room was clean, and the staff were very cheerful and helpful. I will be back to this hotel for the value and convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katra2007
Reviewed July 13, 2007

The hotel is extremely outdated, there were none of the ammenities that were advertised.The room we purchsed smelled stale and had no air conditioning. If you drive a large vehicle(suv) ,you will find it extremely difficult to navigate their " so-called" parking garage. You can do much much better in Windsor for the same or less money.Don't stay at the Ramada!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benbenDetroit
Reviewed June 6, 2007

Our high school soccer team traveled to Windsor for a three day tournament and had a great experience. The staff was friendly, helpful and recommended places to go and restaurants to eat at that fit our budget. I would definately stay at the Ramada again when in Windsor next.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank JohnPaul2007
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Ok so my finance traveled from MI to Windsor to drink. We knew the hotel would be loud but a bunch of drunks came in the hotel at 3 am and were being very loud in the halls (slamming doors, yelling) then someone deceided to be funny and pull the fire alarm. The police came and told everyone to go into their rooms and that was that. I just don't understand why the hotel couldn't have told them to shut up in the first place! But other than that the hotel is right in the middle of the action. Average rooms, average price, average hotel. If you're looking for a hotel to crash at this is it.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2007

Rooms were ok but nothing special. We were supposed to be in a buisness elite room but they moved us because we were a "younger crowd". The night desk staff was rude. We asked them how long the bars were open that night and the guy working the desk said "I dont know I dont go to the bars!"

Other than that the location was perfect right in the middle of everything. THey had a shuttle that went to the casino. Look into other places first. They arent that far away to walk.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple