All reviews the holiday inn downtown windsor ihg member hotel restaurant front desk staff restaurants and bars late at night room was clean and comfortable ambassador bridge tunnel pillows detroit casino riverfront caesars
Reviewed April 10, 2018

What a disgusting hotel. The lobby, the hallways, the pool, the parking lot, the room, the washroom....everything was disgusting, run down and a HUGE disappointment. Please do yourself a favor and book another hotel....you'll get a MUCH better room and experience elsewhere and pay less!

Room Tip: All rooms are disgusting
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank traveljunkie705
Reviewed March 6, 2018

At first, I was disappointed with the hotels appearance from the outside. There is a large dumpster in the entrance way, and the parking lot looks rough. Lots of construction going on, which was a turn off. Checked into room (1 King, 1 2 x double beds), which were clean and comfortable. Everything outside of the rooms felt old and worn down - ice machines, elevators, etc. Fitness Room was demolished and Pool was freezing cold (heater broke over the winter months). I was definitely disappointed and thought I would never return.

I was in Windsor for a sporting tournament, which was supposed to be 3 days. During the second day, an athlete was injured (head injury) and therefore we had to leave a day early. When I went to check out at the front desk, I was pleasantly greeted by the staff and asked what the policy was around cancellations. Long story short, the manager heard the story of the accident and completely refunded our last night at the hotel that we were no longer needing. She was LOVELY and appologised about the hotels current state; explaining that Sunbridge had just bought it from Holiday Inn and they were making MAJOR renovations. In a few months, this hotel should be a 4-5 star.

The customer service was extraordinary, and the rooms were lovely. If you can get over the outside appearance and current condition of the construction, it's a great stay. Good location - walking distance to water front and easy restaurants (Starbucks, Tim Hortons, etc.). Easy parking.

Room Tip: Clean Rooms, Great Customer Service!
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Gibson A
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Nice room and friendly staff, but the water would not heat more than luke warm. Not a good way to start the day. Parking is an additional expense, and is very crowded. Located right downtown it is super convenient for the night life!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear Susan915,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay. I'm sorry to hear that your bathroom did not have any hot water. I have spoken to the Maintenance team with this regards.
I would also like to let you know that we are currently set to begin renovations later this year, and will be addressing the water pipes throughout the hotel.
I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back again, to show you a wonderful stay.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Nice, pure and simple. Big clean room, big comfortable bed. A mini-fridge and microwave which I wasn't expecting and didn't use but would be a nice bonus on another trip.The staff was polite and on-the-ball, and the restaurant in the hotel surprisingly good (I went for breakfast). Well-located in downtown. I especially liked the pool, which was a good size and which I had to myself when I used it! It was odd that the glass walls offered a view to the hallway and people waiting for the elevator or going to the rooms could watch me swim, but a minor complaint.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear R R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.
We are currently scheduled to begin renovations later this year, and while I cannot specifically say if the pool area is being changed during this time, I have let our team know these comments.
I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Great staff, beds are comfortable, rooms were recently re-done, Bathrooms are great, Parking fills up quickly, so late at night I don't recommend taking g your vehicle out for fear of losing your parking spot

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Kyle4815,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit.
You are correct that our parking can fill up fast, especially when we have large groups, or a busy night with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon for your next trip to the Windsor area.