“I'm of two minds on this hotel”

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Edmonton
“I'm of two minds on this hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was here on a business trip in October. The staff was great. The hotel has reserved parking for IHG members which was awesome. I got a nice little snack and some water in my room which was clean enough. However the renovation of the bathroom doesn't make sense. There's a beautiful sink and vanity set in their but its oversized for the room and makes some visits a bit uncomfortable. Then there was the location of my room. On the one hand it was awesome as I looked out at Caesar's Palace and over the Canada border crossing so there was lots to see but on the other hand my room actually wrapped around the elevator shaft so the elevator was actually running right beside the bed....so weird. Anyway just don't get an #01 room and you'll probably be ok. The location on Ouellette is great as there's lots to walk around and look at, and the price was right. I'd give it another chance but in a different room. on and your room key gets you 15% off at the attached restaurant.

Room Tip: just don't get an #01
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PegLeg-and-SherBear
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear PegLeg-and-SherBear,

I apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We would love to welcome you back again to try a different room, this time away from the elevator.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel team. I have shared them with the entire staff so they may see them.

Once again PegLeg-and-SherBear, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Downtown.

Yours In Hospitality,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I spent one night at this hotel and I was impressed. All staff that I spoke with were friendly and professional. I was very pleased that my room and lobby were updated and in great condition. My room was spotless. If travelling to Windsor again, I would be very pleased to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wbsAlberta
Dear wbsCalgary,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn. I have passed along your comments regarding the cleanliness and the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit to Windsor.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was down in Windsor to visit family for Thanksgiving. Enjoyed my stay here. Excellent location, the staff was quite friendly and the room was very clean.

Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in WIndsor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jay M
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Jay M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay over the Thanksgiving holiday.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiancee surprised me with tickets to see a show at the Casino, and he wanted to make our weekend feel like a getaway weekend (seeing as how we live in Windsor) so he booked us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. I'm glad he did :)

First off let me say the staff was great, they were friendly when we checked in and also when they saw us coming and going in the lobby they always said hello, parking is convenient (we walked to our show and back) and we were very impressed with the rooms because they were very clean, you could tell they take pride in their work.

I am looking forward to our next getaway weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eeyore205
Dear Eeyore205,

We are so happy to hear that you and your fiancée had a great stay at our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel team, that you for your kind words. I have shared them with the entire team, and we all hope we can welcome you back for your next getaway weekend.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2013

While this Holiday Inn may be one of the elder Inn's in the chain it was extremely convenient (literally just a block around the corner from entering through customs from Detroit, MI)-it had the charm, cleanliness and pleasantly professional and courteous staff (Nick greeted us when we arrived and was very helpful) that one should expect from an Inn provider. The hotel is a bit dated but the restaurant/lounge attached to it has great service (thanks to Kelli Ann and her coworker for a great breakfast and happy hour conversations) and the food was very good. Being right on Ouellette Avenue was ideal for an overnight stay as it was a very active and bustling downtown thoroughfare with all kinds of folks enjoying themselves until wee hours of the morning. Everywhere we went we found very friendly and welcoming people (The Friendly Lawyer's bartenders Cullin and Sam were great fun!). Other than losing my money at Caesar's Casino the weekend was great but then again, I typically lose regardless of the casino-fortunately, my buddy did pretty well. We saw the Pet Shop Boys in concert at Caesar's-a great venue if you're looking for a good concert in the future. We will definitely be going back and staying at this Holiday Inn again. Btw, a beautiful view of Detroit at night across the river. So used to seeing Windsor that it was quite striking to see Detroit glimmering off the water in the moonlight.

Room Tip: We booked on Hotwire (first time users) and got this room for $92 a night and that included parking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank thepartyguys
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear thepartyguys,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests, and we are all happy to see that you had a most enjoyable stay. We strive to make each guest's stay a great one.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all our staff at the hotel and in the restaurant.

We hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn again soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am staying regularly in this Hotel and like always to come back ,the rooms are large and very clean ,the location is perfect close to all attractions ,bars and restaurants ,but most important the staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank paulgeci
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Paulgeci,

Thank you for once again choosing our hotel for your stay in Windsor. We are happy to hear that our staff was once again as pleasant as always.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip to Windsor.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We picked a perfect time to come to Windsor! The hotel was in the heart of all the festivals, we arrived before check in time and the lady at the front desk was able to get us in early, she was great. Loved the follow up call to our room, making sure everything was fine with our room. The housekeeping staff made sure we never had to ask for extra towels! We were very impressed and will defiantly return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Jen M.,

On behalf of the entire hotel team, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay. Being the summer months we have plenty of festivals and things to do in the city. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to all of the staff.

Once again Jen, thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.