This hotel is about ten minutes from the border, right in the downtown, next to restaurants, bars and clubs. the building is an older building, However, all the rooms have been very recently renovated, and they include almost everything you need, free wireless internet, coffee maker, fridge, very comfy pillowtop beds. Yes the bathrooms are a little cozy(small) however they are fully functional and do not hinder movement, unless you are very big and very tall(see picture attached) The shower has one of those fancy shower heads with multiple settings as well. the higher room numbers(i.e 816-835) face the oullette ave and give a good view of the bars clubs and such, the lower number(801-815) face the tunnel and give the view of Caesars Casino and the tunnel exits. The parking is not free as it is usually the case with downtown hotels, however they have a little place where you can park for 5-10 minutes and go check into the hotel before going to the parking located in the basement or the second floor. I parked on the second floor ramp, the maneuverability is very tight, so please be mindful of that and proceed slowly sharp turn and tight corners. The registration took two minutes and I was on my way to the room. Overall I was very happy with the hotel, my room was very quiet, the bed was awesome !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor Hotel Welcomes You. Our hotel offers the ideal location for business travelers and vacationers in the heart of downtown Windsor. Recently changed to 100% non-smoking and centrally located on Ouellette Avenue, our guests are just steps away from dining and nightlife. Enjoy our on-site restaurant, "On The Avenue" for lunch, dinner or the all-day breakfast where kids under 12 eat free. It also features a cocktail lounge and a seasonal patio where you can relax and be seen on the strip. You’ll find plenty to do, from swimming in our heated indoor pool to working out at the fitness center. Our warm, friendly, multilingual staff are ready to accommodate your needs. We offer conference and catering services as well as a business center and meeting space. We are also just steps away from Caesars Casino, The Chrysler Theatre, and minutes from Detroit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Hotel Windsor
- Ramada Windsor
- Windsor Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown Ontario