“Close to everything !”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
St. Marys
“Close to everything !”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is about ten minutes from the border, right in the downtown, next to restaurants, bars and clubs. the building is an older building, However, all the rooms have been very recently renovated, and they include almost everything you need, free wireless internet, coffee maker, fridge, very comfy pillowtop beds. Yes the bathrooms are a little cozy(small) however they are fully functional and do not hinder movement, unless you are very big and very tall(see picture attached) The shower has one of those fancy shower heads with multiple settings as well. the higher room numbers(i.e 816-835) face the oullette ave and give a good view of the bars clubs and such, the lower number(801-815) face the tunnel and give the view of Caesars Casino and the tunnel exits. The parking is not free as it is usually the case with downtown hotels, however they have a little place where you can park for 5-10 minutes and go check into the hotel before going to the parking located in the basement or the second floor. I parked on the second floor ramp, the maneuverability is very tight, so please be mindful of that and proceed slowly sharp turn and tight corners. The registration took two minutes and I was on my way to the room. Overall I was very happy with the hotel, my room was very quiet, the bed was awesome !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Jenyannayan,

Dear Jenyannayan,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate the time you have taken to tell travelers about your stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. I’m really glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Windsor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were greeted by every staff person we encounted-very customer service oriented.Rooms were spotless,love the outside deck by the pool. We had a great stay as usual, only place we stay when we come to Windsor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fall River, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

As a Holiday Inn Platinum member, I can say this hotel should not be part of the ING chain of hotels
Staff not properly trained
hotel very old and dated
could not get in parking lot without checking in first
laundry service not working
discovered after stay parking was supposed to be free to platinum members but hotel refused to reverse charges

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. It is unfortunate that our laundry room was in use when you tried to use it. We have many long term guests that utilize this room on a daily basis. I was disappointed to read that you felt our staff is not properly trained. We at the Holiday Inn take great strides to ensure that our high standards in quality are met for every guest. I would like to speak with you further regarding your charges, if you could please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Toronto
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a standard Holiday Inn. Nothing out of the ordinary other than the birds in the lobby.

My room was clean and comfortable with a boring view of the tunnel exit. My only caveat ... the bathroom is so cozy that it could be uncomfortable for large guests. Front desk and restaurant staff were very helpful.

Many restaurants and the waterfront available a short walk away.

I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear CanadaKate,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. We are able to continue to learn and grow based upon reviewers such as yourself.

I have passed along your comments about our restaurant staff along to the the restaurant manager.

We would love to welcome you back, and to hopefully have the more exciting view of Ouellette Avenue.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I didn't have a choice on where I was staying in Windsor because I was with a mentoring group and it was the agency's choice. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was several blocks to the river where there was a summer fair with things to do for the children. The hotel was also close to the casino. I was too tire to go. The room had a few issues that was taken care of immediately. The bed was comfortable and the room was extremely clean. Because of the location at the exit from the tunnel, I thought the room I was in would be loud, but I didn't hear a thing when I slept. Our group had breakfast which was very good. I only stayed one night but I would stay again if I needed a place to stay in Windsor.

2 Thank tch912
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear tch912,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your kind words. By taking the time to submit a review, you allow us to continue to grow and improve our business.

We are glad that your first stay was great, and would love to welcome you back to our property the next time you are in Windsor.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed as a PCR Plat member and recieved an appropriate upgrade. Took advantage of the 5000 PCR point offer to June 30 2012 for CPSA Members.

Room was older style but very clean and in good condition. Room service was fast,accurate, and at proper temperature. Parking is on the 2nd level and height clearance its 6 ft 8" (Hotel should post on their webpage). All staff were friendly and helpful. All in all a comfortable and easy business stay. Good value on the rates.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the street side tend to be quieter ( they face the Canada Customs check points )
7 Thank TM643
Dear T M

Thank you or taking the time to send a review in or our property. You help us continue to grow and learn when you do so.

We will be looking into adding the height clearance to our hotel webpage as we are currently creating a new site. Thank you for the suggestion.

We hope that you continue visiting Windsor, and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Toronto
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I just came back from a 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown and wanted to write a review of the hotel. I was in town for a graduation at the University and decided to stay there because of the location downtown.

The hotel is located downtown, right by the tunnel to the US. The location of the hotel is both a good and a bad thing. The hotel is on Oulette, which is a main street and it is a short walk to the river. It is nice in the afternoons and evenings to walk down there. It is also close to the casino and restaurants. There is a Tim Horton's, McDonalds and Shoppers Drug Mart close by. Also, "Tunnel BBQ" restaurant is right around the corner and really good! It is worth a visit.

The bad thing about the location is also that it is downtown. There are several bars, pubs and clubs on the street that the hotel is located on. There is also a lot of sirens and motorcycles reving their engines at night for some reason. So at night, it can get very noisy, depending on what way your room faces. It kept some of my roommates up at night, but I luckily had ear plugs and didn't hear anything. So if you stay there, you would be wise to ask for a room not facing the street.

In terms of the hotel itself, the staff was very nice and check in was fine. The room was your basic hotel room and the bathroom was very clean. There wasn't a flat screen TV, but there was cable TV. The room also had different types of pillows (firm, soft), which was a nice touch.

The hotel did have a pool and a nice sun deck, but no hot tub. I tried out the fitness centre. It is really just a hotel room with 3 machines (2 treadmills and a bike). One treadmill was newer though and I did manage to get in a workout twice, since the room wasn't busy, so that was a bonus.

I did have two complaints when I stayed there however. The parking situation there is extremely tight. They have both underground and above ground parking. To get access to those areas though requires from pretty tight turns and you have to be a good driver to handle that.

Also, we tried the restaurant in the hotel one night, since you get a 15% discount for eating there. It wasn't very busy, but we ended up waiting over an hour for our food (just sandwiches and apps). No explanation was ever given for the slow service and everyone else there had the same problem. It was a shame really, since we had eaten there before on another stay and had both good food and service. I would suggest going elsewhere for dinner, since many other restaurants are close by.

The hotel also didn't have a free breakfast or even a fridge to store some snacks etc. We did try room service one morning, and the service/food was very good. It was a bit pricey, but again, there is a Tim Horton's right nearby for coffee etc.

Overall, it wasn't a bad stay and it meet out needs for the time. It was your average hotel. However, I don't think I would stay there again if I came to Windsor.

Room Tip: Pick a room that doesn't face the main street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SassySarahToronto
, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear SassySarahToronto

I would first like to congratulate you on your Graduation, and to also thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Customer satisfaction is our Number One goal, and we strive to achieve this with all of our guests. By taking the time to review our property, you have given us insight as to how we can make each guest experience better and I will be sharing these with the entire hotel team.

I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received while dining with us, and I will be sure to let the Restaurant Manager know about both your concerns and your compliments.

I was saddened that you would not choose our hotel again for your next visit, and do hope that we could possibly change your mind as we would love to welcome you back. If you do choose our property again, please feel free to give me a call so that I may make your reservation personally.