“Great Hotel Indeed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel Indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. Fun check in and fantastic room service. Loved the location especially for a nice evening walk along the riverfront. I hate to leave but I will be back and I recommend you come visit as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Robert,

Thank you for our kind words about our hotel. It is great to hear from you again, and we have shared our comments with our entire hotel team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Markham, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hi i stayed here with my daughter for her basketball tournament. When we got in from her game and dinner it was 11:30 at night.When my daughter got out of the shower all she wanted was to go to bed WELL she pulled down the blankets and there was a POO stain there like someone wiped there butt with her sheets. I went down to front desk and was freaking and they did which me rooms and they also said it was chocolate the maid was eating while making the bed. Well in my eyes i don't care what it was every bed should be fully cleaned.
I will not stay there AGAIN!!!
Helen.....Markham ont

Room Tip: Check your sheets before you get into bed
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Helen,

Thank you for your comments, I remember speaking with you personally in March. I can assure you that the issue was address immediately with the housekeeping department. Once again I apologize for the problem you encountered and can assure you this is not a standard at the Holiday Inn. I sincerely hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Windsor.

Travelers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I am booked to stay here in october but had the chance recently to do a quick overnight as my friend was staying there.. this hotel is clean and has nice facilities and the staff are really nice. In comparison to the Casino hotel this is much, much cheaper and the location is really handy to downtown and restaurants, bars etc.,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear 4rkidz,

Thank you for your kind review. We love to hear from our guests about how their stay was. Your comments have been shared with the entire staff, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back this October.
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

When I booked this hotel months ago, my only option was a smoking room. I was not prepared for the stench of smoke. Even people in our group who smoke found it very odorous.
As there are no windows to open, you must rely on the air conditioner - which I am afraid may have also had a smoke filled filter in it. We kept the door wide open to try and clear it out. Later tried leaving the door ajar a bit, only to have it slammed shut the first evening. We inquired to the man down the hall if we had been disturbing someone, and were rudely told that due to fire safety it was his job to make sure all doors were closed.
In addition to that, although we found it quite quiet, around 11:00 the bars in the area spring to life. Expect extremely loud music, yelling, police sirens and lights. We turned the air conditioner back on and used ear plugs to keep the noise out.
The swimming pool is nice as it has a deep portion, however the entry/exit is very unsafe with a large step and no hand rail.
I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: THe only advice from me in regard to choosing a good room in this hotel is to choose a different hot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Techymum,

Thank you for your review, and I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay you had while at our property. We strive to make every guest experience a good one. I would like to speak with you further regarding your stay. If you can please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience so we may speak further.

Louisville, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We found this hotel to be very nice, It was very clean, The front desk personnel were especially helpful. Hotel was very quiet. The only inconvenience was the distance to downtown. It is a bit far but in a very nice area. If you are looking forward a very nice, quiet hotel but are not annoyed but the drive to attractions in Windsor, this is a good choice for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Attended a concert at the casino and did not feel like spending $300-$500 for a one-night stay, so I returnrd to the Holiday Inn. Got a great room for a reasonable amount. Saved enough on the romm to go out for dinner and a few drinks at one of the many bars and resturants on the main street.All the entertaiment you could ask for right out the front door and within walking distance. For the price and location, it can`t be beat. Will gladly return for future events I attend. Rooms are clean and spacious with flat screens tv`s being installed.

Room Tip: On weekend visits the rooms on the east side are much more quiet as it is a bar scene on the main st...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Okotoks, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is located in a very old building and from the outside appears to be rundown and tired. Not very confidence inspiring. I entered with some concern only to be greeted by "Heather" who was one of the most service oriented and caring young women I have met in this industry. I expected to drop my bags and go to my grandmother's bedside at the local hospital. No. Heather checked with housekeeping and within minutes I was allowed to check in (before 11 am -after my delayed red-eye flight) so I could change and freshen up. Over the next few days she not only recognized my all-nighter and ensured I would not be woken by housekeeping; she researched florists etc. for me as needed. I can't say enough about the overall service I experienced at this property. The housekeeping staff even left a thank you note when I left a tip on the pillow. I have never received that before. This property was clean, comfortable and though the amenities weren't as good as I'm sure others in the downtown area were I couldn't have been more comfortable. Thank you Holiday Inn - you made a sad emotional trip a comfortable, caring and pleasant experience. What more could I have asked for? The attached restaurant with it's 15% discount had good food and also excellent service. I ate there twice. I ordered room service one night and that was also an excellent experience. Good food, hot and quick. AND excellent service. Obviously this property's most valuable resource is its employees. Congratulations.

Room Tip: My room was on the east side overlooking the tunnel. It was quiet and I got the morning sun which wo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tracyohn
HIWINDSOR, Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear tracyohn,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our staff. They brought a smile to our faces when reading them. We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Thank you once again.