“Great location for all the night-life and events.”

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Great hotel within walking distance of all major events-Fireworks, Bluesfest, Ribfest, Bars and Casino. The staff went out of their way to attend to our every need. There is an onsite pool, workout room, resturant and parking. The rooms are clean and spacious. There are also event rooms available for all your family or business get-togethers. A planner is avaiable to help you with your needs. Overall our stay was completly pleasant.

Room Tip: If you are there just as an overnight stopover on the weekend , I would suggest one of the upper flo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The time I spent at the Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown was a very positive experience for me. The staff and management was very attentive to my needs and were very respectful of each other. Downtown Windsor is fantastic and I hope to spend more time there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sierra H
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This past month I had the pleasure of enjoying a stay at this downtown Holiday Inn. It was a friend’s birthday and we wanted a hotel that was centrally located, making it easier to get around to the bars and local restaurants. The woman I spoke with on the phone was very professional and sociable, informing us of the amenities in, and out, of the hotel. I am very pleased to note that my stay was just as agreeable as my phone call to reserve the room. The ladies at the hotel were very upbeat and friendly making us feel at home and comfortable from the moment we checked in. During the night we needed to call down for extra pillows, towels etc, (being a group of girls, we like our little extra comforts!) and they were promptly sent up to our room. The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Another high point was having access to a pool so early in the morning; we were able to have a nice refreshing swim and enjoy breakfast at the on-site restaurant, (with 15% off for hotel guests!), in plenty of time for checkout.
All in all we had an amazing stay at this Holiday Inn. I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.
Ps. It wasn’t until checkout that we noticed the birds and fish that they have in their lobby! They’re adorable! My friend was so entranced with the two little birds; she almost left without her luggage!! Those animals made our morning!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lala8669
Reviewed July 31, 2011

It's true, if you want a quiet hotel this is not the place. At least not on the lower levels. I travelled with my son, husband and mother. We stayed in one room with two queen size beds. Because I read the reviews before booking I specifically requested to put me in the quieter area which I believe is towards the top of the building, 7th and 8th floor. When we took the elevator down it became louder and louder.
Hotel was very clean and the front desk ladies were very helpful and welcoming.
Everything is close by and the casino is a five minute shuttle bus ride from the hotels front door (tips to the driver are appreciated). I would stay there again if I had to and definitely recommend it for the party crowd.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank ccx
Reviewed July 21, 2011

In our travels before in Ont. we always stayed at another hotel.
We choose the Holiday Inn for it's location to the Detroit River. We were enjoying all the activities there, especially the Blues Fest. To our suprise it was very affordable. The staff was so personable but very professional. Our room was perfect very clean spacious, there was really no hurry in the am to leave. We felt very comfortable, the pool was an added bonus. Every thing was so enjoyable about our stay, perhaps the genuine friendliness of the staff won us over. We will be back.
Thanking you
Samantha & Joe

2  Thank PMPOntario
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon to check in. The young lady that checked us in informed us she was moving us to an upgrage room so we would not be on same floor as the young adults, WOW! with two small kids this meant a full night sleep. The entire stay was great, the staff natually said hello when we got off the elevator and the housekeeper's made it a point to ask if there was anything else she could do or get for us. Very impressed with the rooms- let my kids run in bare feet! Did not need to move our car all weekend, nice long walks on the riverfront, great resturants. First time to Windsor-thank you for a wonderful weekend.

1  Thank MMP2
Reviewed July 3, 2011

First of all I would like to start by saying that I am not one to complain however when you book a room with the Holiday Inn you expect a certain service my stay at this location left a bad taste in my mouth Literally! If you have been to Windsor you know the summer heat is deadly, so air conditioning a must for sure! With 4 in a room we had the air on and it was nice and refreshing to walk into when evening fell it was cool but to turn it down or off the room heated up in minutes. My daughter 13 and I shared a bed, my first call to reception was around 10 pm requesting extra blankets as we were each sharing and required 2 extra. "someone will be right up" 1130 I called again "someone will be right there sorry about that" 1230 final call "someone will be right there" we never received our blankets which forced me to continually adjust the temp in the room. Needless to say I had almost no sleep before my 7 hour drive home! In the am there was no record of my calls to reception ! ( a closet 2 doors down stored blankets ...but nobody could get me blankets!!)
The other incident happened in the hotel elevator, an employee had clearly just finished smoking a joint in the elevator when we got into it !! he was visibly nervous when we got in and I was just disgusted!! I could taste it and felt sick from the stench! He quickly got off at the first stop ...I was very tankful my daughter was not with me at this time!! upon returning to my room my brother and I decided to go to the front desk however when the elevator doors opened the gentle man was in the lobby I was not comfortable in that situation so we decided I would go down in the am ......) The first reaction by staff was to give me back my parking cost!! seriously?? the woman checking out in front of me complained about a tv reception and got her parking back hardly comparable! Once i spoke with the manager she cedited me half my money back ...still seems to me the very minimal considering the situation! Would I stay at a Holiday Inn again yes I am sure I will we travel plenty , even this one down town I am however disappointed with the customer service ....after all the happy customer is the returning one!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HIWINDSOR, Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Dear pardyx5
Our sincerest apologizes for any inconvenience you experienced on your last stay here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. We take these service issues very seriously and look for opportunities to ensure they are not repeated. I assure you that your comments have been shared with the entire team.
Once again, I do apologize and thank you for your comments.

Regards,