“Welcome to the 21st Century”

Comfort Inn Windsor
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I spent the August Long Weekend as a guest of this hotel. This was my third visit in 2013.

My complements to the management and staff.

To management: Your recent renovations (still on-going) are bringing this hotel into the 21st Century. The mattress was so comfortable. The furnishings and colour co-ordination are well chosen and bring a fine designer finish to your rooms.

That said please look closely at the workmanship. It is not at the standard I am sure you are paying for.

I look forward to the additional upgrades (relocation of the breakfast room with a more meal choices) your staff told me about.

To your staff:
In April I arrived in Windsor for the first time helping a friend move to your city. I was greeted with a smile and warm Windsor welcome from your receptionist Marie. She was so helpful to me and my friend. Marie, thank you for going above and well beyond to assist us.

To the remainder of your staff: You are all so pleasant and friendly. Each and every employee I have dealt with or just cross path with is smiling and is so polite and pleasant. Thank you everyone.

Truly a place to stay when one is away from home and they want to feel at home.

I look forward to my next stay at Comfort Inn Windsor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Martin F
Justin B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Windsor

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days attending an assembly at the WFCU. We found the room comfortable and clean. Staff were very friendly and were good to deal with. The hotel is undergoing renovation at the present time but this activity did not impact our stay. The complimentary breakfast was good and a real asset for a busy day. I will stay here again, it is a modest hotel and represents good value for dollars spent. The location is also very convenient.

Room Tip: Upstairs queen size bed room we had included a small fridge and microwave , this was extremely valua...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked into this hotel after flying in from Houston and deplaning in Detroit Metro with a short drive through the tunnel to Windsor. Very convenient location for all family members flying in from different parts of the country for a wedding in Windsor. Clean and comfortable and although a main thoroughfare was outside our window, we heard little or no traffic noise. Easy parking and a favorite of mine is free Wi-fi - sumptuous breakfast 7 - 10 am. This is a very satisfactory hotel which I would recommend to any family members and friends.
Great customer service from the Reception Desk.

Room Tip: Hotel has no elevator, so I would suggest a ground floor room if you are carrying heavy bags.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank phyllion65

Reviewed May 7, 2013

clean, close to casino. breakfast typical , nothing special more appetizing fruit would help, have reserved rooms heat turned on in feb ours was freezing had to sit in coat for an hour until heat made room bearable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BAM/Ohio
Bridget K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your response and review of our hotel.
We recently purchased this facility and I want to extend my sincere apologies for not meeting your full expectations. Our hotel is being completely renovated and will include a full hot breakfast. Our policy is to have the temperature at certain levels for both hot and cold seasons and I assure you I will ensure this is completed going forth.
Thank you once again for your feedback and please contact me personally prior to your next stay in Windsor.

Bridget Klingbeil

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location moments from the border crossing but tucked away fr the bridge traffic this Comfort Inn offers a quiet nights sleep in clean comfortable surroundings. Good parking and free Wi-fi and breakfast.

This is a very functional place to stay and Nicki the front desk attendant goes out of her way to make guests feel comfortable.

This is not an especially luxurious or romantic stay, but our room included a microwave and a frige which were unexpected amenities.

Easy abundant parkin
Free breakfast

Good stop for travelers

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stay here a couple of nights. We had come to Canada to see Dr. Tayfour. After having a consultation within an hour I had the LASIK surgery. It was required to come back early the next morning after the surgery. So instead of getting up at the crack of dawn we stayed another night. The Inn referred us to a restrurant across the street the food was really good. Everyone in Canada were so nice and friendly..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn R

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn many times with family members and on my own, and have always had a very satisfying stay. I visit Windsor about once a month, and this is usually home base for me. The rooms are excellent and always have lots of towels, cups, soaps, tea/coffee maker, etc. The beds are also comfy. The breakfast room is also superior compared with other Comfort Inns i have stayed in. What makes this hotel especially stad out is the staff! They are simply on top of their game! Always courteous and willing to do anything to improve your stay...they have on a number of occasions provided connecting rooms to my family when we have needed them. The cleaning staff are also superior, providing prompt and excellent service every day.

If you need a place to stay in Windsor, this hotel is by far the best for location, value and service!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family