We were in Windsor for a single night to attend a brief social event and needed a budget hotel that was pet friendly. We opted for this hotel and were not disappointed.
Check-in was polite and friendly and in chatting with the receptionists we asked what to do with our dog when we went out for about 2 hours. They said she should be fine in the room but if she barked too much they would check on her and if needed call us on our cell phone for one of us to come back.
We went to the event and when we came back found the dog had been taken down to reception as she had been barking and had sounded 'anxious'. The staff were great and the dog was just sitting there enjoying watching everyone coming and going - They said they didnt call us to come back as the dog calmed down once out of the room and just sat quietly beside them and was no problem. The receptionist was obviously a 'dog person' and we had a good deal of interaction with them about this as we definitely appreciated them going that extra mile.
Over and above this, we also found when we checked in that not only did we get a free continental breakfast - which was your no frills basic - but decent - breakfast, but they also put a pot of chilli in the breakfast room so guests could have a bowl during the evening if they wished. It was quite good too !!!! They also put out some cookies later and they were nice also !
The rooms were nothing special and although we were in a non smoking area you could tell that it had either been a smoking area previously or that some guests had been smoking in the corridor or other rooms as the smell was there but it was not overly strong so no big deal.
I had fairly low expectations of the hotel, but left pleasantly surprised and feeling we had received value for money. Given that this was a budget hotel, the biggest plus point in our stay was the staff. They were excellent and if/when we visit Windsor again in the future then this hotel will likely be where we stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Windsor is a pet-friendly hotel nestled in beautiful suburban South Windsor with easy access to 401, EC Row and all major transportation hubs and border crossings. Ten minutes' drive to downtown Windsor's exciting nightlife and Caesars Windsor Casino; moments away from Devonshire Mall and dining can be found nearby. Free Comfort Sunshine breakfast and award-winning service will ensure a pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Choice Canada, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Inn Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Windsor Hotel Windsor
- Windsor Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Windsor Ontario