“Good Value All Around” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
GreenLeadersGold level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good Value All Around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

Recieved this hotel from a Priceline bid of $49. Very good value at that price point. The lobby was very inviting, as was the room. The decor, fixtures and room itself was in very good condition. Spacious room with comfortable beds and good sized bathroom. Restaurant inside hotel was marginal at best, bar was so-so ($6 for a draft pint of domestic beer). Location was good for those trying to have easy access to the Ambassador Bridge and Univ of Windsor. It was a $20 cab ride to get to the casinos and bars off Ouelette Ave. On the whole, good hotel for business or pleasure and will look to return again...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

Have stayed here twice this month...deceptively close to everything via the EC Row Expressway. Shopping at huge outlet mall and main stream mall are only minutes away.

Very clean - good restaurant and food - nice pool and fitness area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

As I generally like Holiday Inns I stayed here a few Times.
Nicely located at the foot of the Ambassador bridge.
The Hotel itself is nice but the Marketplace Restaurant attached leaves much to be desired. Tried the restaurant on 3 different occasions. Each time was sat at a dirty table and had to wait for someone to come clean up. Mentioned it to the staff but they weren't to unconcerened about it. Nice cozy bar where service is excellent.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — restaurant
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
ABondy-RoomsDivision, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2009
Thank you very much for your feedback. We always appreciate help from our guests to continue growing our guests' satisfaction and creating excellent guest experiences.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

Got this hotel for $55 on priceline. The lobby was very pretty and modern. The room was clean, the beds were very nice and comfortable. We used the pool & hot tub and both were nice and big - although the hot tub was so full of water that if more than 2 people were to get in, it would overflow!

Caesars Windsor is about a 8 minute drive away - its pretty close to the 401 as well.

One thing they could do to improve would be to offer a free breakfast like the Homewood Suites & Hampton Inns.

• Liked — The staff were great! Especially the maintenance gentleman testing the pool.
  • Disliked — no free breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Kingsville, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

I made my reservation directly through the hotel front desk, I booked 6 rooms for a jack and jill that weekend. I had recieved my conformation numbers and thought things were set. I was the first one at the hotel on the booked date, the girl at the front desk, could not find my name or my party. After getting a phone call from others in my group, they said they were there earlier and there names could not be found. In a panic they were lucky enough to get rooms across the street at the Hampton Inn, which they were very happy with.
I was able to get one room for my wife and myself at the Holiday Inn, even though everyone else was now staying across the street.
The manager said she was putting us in one of there suites, for all the trouble that they caused us, soo upon entering the so called suite, it smelled of smoke, looked dated, and the roon is totally backwards, the bed is right in front of you as you walk into the door, and a small sitting area is over on the other side, strange, but oh well.
My wife wanted to have a relaxing bath before we head out for the nite, however a rather large curly hair in the tub, discouraged the thought, house keeping not great here either.

Nothing special about this place, the staff are poor at what they do, the manager howver did seem polite and apologetic.

Would never stay at a holiday Inn again, the whole thing just soured us from wanted to try them again.

• Liked — Sadly not much
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in rooms, unclean room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dwntime
louisville, kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2008

The Holiday Inn Select Windsor has the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Our car battery died while we were there, and the hotel staff bent over backwards to help us jump our battery and get on our way. They seemed genuinely happy to help, and that makes all of the difference. The restaurant was closed due to renovations, but they did have a limited menu available. We chose to eat out, however, and the staff was again very helpful in suggesting area restaurants to try. Room was nice and clean. Great hotel!

• Liked — friendly employees
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2007

There are many hotels in Windsor. Pick any other one and you're sure to have better service than we did at the Holiday Inn Select in Windsor. Not only did they bang on our door at 8:00 in the morning to see if we wanted fresh towels (we had arrived very late the night before), but then never came back to clean our room. I guess giving us towels at the crack of dawn excused the need to clean. The manager was rude and unhelpful when I approached them about the HIDDEN hold that they put on my credit card. Not only did they not tell me they were going to do this, they flat out denied they had done it even when I brought my laptop to them and showed it to them on the screen. The restaurant is horrible but if you tell them, all they'll say is "I'm sorry" in that condescending tone that they used when I checked in and they realized I booked through Priceline. Oh.. did I forget about that? I'm pretty certain the reason that we got such horrible service is because we didn't pay the full room price, but instead got a deal at HALF the price from Priceline. I've gotten better service at the Comfort Inn down the block, not to mention a free breakfast. Like I said, avoid this hotel at all costs. Did I mention I came home with bites that looked vaguely like bed bug bites? Obviously I can't prove it.. Don't take my word for it.. have a great trip!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — You don't have enough room for me to write about all the horrible things.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple