“Great Atmosphere & Great Food!”

The Cook's Shop Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 794 Restaurants in Windsor
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just moved to Windsor a couple months ago, and a friend took us to The Cook Shop. It is a great little restaurant. The service and food was spectacular. Very intimate setting! And yes the garlic smacks you in the face...it is powerful, but the flavor of the food accompanied the strong garlic. The four of us has appetizers, and 4 different meals. Everybody at our table loved their selection. It is the perfect setting for a small get together like we had, or if you want to share an intimate night with your significant other. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

After always waiting too long to make a reservation, my wife and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary at The Cook's Shop last night. To echo similar comments, the food was excellent and the service was exceptional. The table side pasta service and family style salad were a nice personalized touch and both our main dishes were also fantastic (beef picatta and prime steak). If you haven't been and you like Italian food, I highly recommend. Call at least a week ahead to get a reservation at the time you want.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you like garlic, this is the place! As soon as you open the door to this small and intimate little restaurant, you can smell the garlic. The owner's personal attention to detail starts with individual training of his staff. Napkins are actually the size of a dish towel, the salad is prepared at the table so you know it's fresh. Patrons can go to the meat counter and select their cut if they wish. This is my #1 choice of dining experience in Windsor. I save it for special occasions as I don't want to get blase about it. Wonderful selection of wines too! Desserts are outstanding and several are prepared table-side as well. Can't say enough about this wonderful hidden little place. Have been there with hubby and other times with friends or family and have never been disappointed. I wouldn't recommend it for a business dinner though as the lighting is not conducive to that type of outing. Desserts are outstanding

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went last evening with. We had a side of pasta to start, which was wonderful. Salad was very large, and reasonably good. Garlic bread provided tasted fine. I had lamb chops for my main, and they were excellent. My wife couldn't finish her skewers of meat dish, but also liked it. Half L of of red house wine was reasonably priced and good. It is still very dark in this restaurant, but we really enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A very cozy and quaint eatery. The staff has been trained well to ensure each customer is made to feel like a valued patron. Thanks! Loved this place and we'll definitely come across the border to eat here again.

1  Thank WilliamJ238