“Romantic, dimly lit atmosphere and unforgettable food!! Perfect fine dining!”

The Cook's Shop Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 825 Restaurants in Windsor
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2011

If you are looking for a romantic, dimly lit atmosphere filled with a warm, garlic aroma, look no further!! Perfect for couples, and a quiet night out, The Cook Shop is perfect! It is situated in the basement level of a house in the heart of downtown Windsor. The smell of garlic wafts through the doors as soon as you step in! YUMM! Everything from the decor, to the service and food selection is memorable! The unique serving of their salad (bringing the full romaine lettuce leaves for caesar salads), to the thick kitchen towels used for napkins, makes this an unforgetable experience! It was romantic for us and we were the last ones to leave and it was a perfect date spot for us! There was also a party of about 4 couples near us, too, enjoying a fun night out! Super food, awesome service, perfect ambiance... what more could you ask for???? You must try it for yourselves!!

1  Thank M_K_R_7_7_14

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had the best meal and such fantastic service. Abe was our waiter and he is outstanding. It is a small quaint restaurant in the heart of downtown WIndsor. The food is outstanding with perfect portions. If you like garlic this is the place. Pasta made at your table. A big bowl of Ceasar Salad and more if you wish.
Prices are very reasonable. Abe made our evening simply perfect. Will definitely go again and most certainly sit in Abe's section again.

3  Thank KeepSmiling4Me
Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you love garlic....the wonderful aroma hits you as you walk in the door. We had not been there for a few years and the food, service & ambiance was as great as remembered. A must for great food.

1  Thank karen1104
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I've eaten here several times over the years with my wife, and have always enjoyed our experience.

Ths place is sort of hard to find. It is on the main street (Ouellette) but you have to park behind and walk through an alley to access it. I suppose you could walk up Ouellette, but the closer parking is behind. It is downstairs under an older house/building.

The take reservations, and I reccommend doing so as its fairly small and fills quickly on busy nights. The atmosphere is romantic to describe it. Candlelit tables are pretty much it .... along with sconces on the walls.

I have always had great service here. The menu is ... European as I can best describe it. Lamb, chops, steak, pastas ..... The Caesar salad is made from scratch and is likely the best in town.

I'd say the price here is very reasonable. Under $20 for an entree. We usually have our entrees, several glasses of wine, a small desert and are out the door for less than $100.

To me this is the kinda place you take your wife for some intimate conversation over dinner, and I would reccommned it to anyone.

4  Thank GettinErDun
Reviewed September 20, 2011

There is nothing i like better than dining out in a good restaurant and the Pasta Shop is by far the best place to eat in Windsor. I don't think that it is overly expensive and I highly recommend the lamb medallions.

Don't go if you are in a hurry
Make sure you have reservations.

1  Thank lynn c