“Hidden Romantic Dining”

The Cook's Shop Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 773 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Windsor, Ontario
“Hidden Romantic Dining”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I've eaten here several times over the years with my wife, and have always enjoyed our experience.

Ths place is sort of hard to find. It is on the main street (Ouellette) but you have to park behind and walk through an alley to access it. I suppose you could walk up Ouellette, but the closer parking is behind. It is downstairs under an older house/building.

The take reservations, and I reccommend doing so as its fairly small and fills quickly on busy nights. The atmosphere is romantic to describe it. Candlelit tables are pretty much it .... along with sconces on the walls.

I have always had great service here. The menu is ... European as I can best describe it. Lamb, chops, steak, pastas ..... The Caesar salad is made from scratch and is likely the best in town.

I'd say the price here is very reasonable. Under $20 for an entree. We usually have our entrees, several glasses of wine, a small desert and are out the door for less than $100.

To me this is the kinda place you take your wife for some intimate conversation over dinner, and I would reccommned it to anyone.

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank GettinErDun

Windsor, Canada
“I love a good restaurant!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

There is nothing i like better than dining out in a good restaurant and the Pasta Shop is by far the best place to eat in Windsor. I don't think that it is overly expensive and I highly recommend the lamb medallions.

Don't go if you are in a hurry
Make sure you have reservations.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank lynn c
Windsor, Canada
“Great”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a perfect place for romance, food is good service is good and the prices are good

• Visited October 2010
1 Thank mickyr R
Toronto
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Went there last week for my son's graduation. What a surprise! Amazing Italian food and great service. We all had different items ranging from steak to fish to veal to pasta. All mains come with a family-style bowl of caesar salad with an incredibly light dressing, and piping hot garlic bread, and also a serving of spaghetti with fresh tomato sauce. Everyone loved the food, and dessert was equally enjoyable. I highly recommend the tiramisu, and we had the peach flambe which was more than enough for 3! Now.....get ready for this......coffee is 50c and cappuccino is 75c!!!! I can't believe no one has come across this place. I think the locals are hiding it as it was quite busy when we were there 9:30pm on Wed. Forgot to mention the setting...all alcove-type setting, romantic, private. Totally impressed!

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank callieNN
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“One of the Best meals I've had in Years.”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I took my parents here for their 30th anniversary and the food was fantastic. The mussel were delicious they looked like oyster they were so big. The salad and bread come included and the homemade caesar dressing is delicious. The prices are extremely reasonable and the portions are large. My father had the lamb chops and he got 6 big chops. They make all of their pasta dishes right in front you and it is quite an experience. The only disappointment was dessert was just OK. The place is very small and a reservation is required. The owner walks around and checks with everyone to make sure they are enjoying their meal. We were in Windsor on an overnight get away, but I would not hesitate to drive the hour+ just for this restaurant.

3 Thank Strauss884