“Recognized as one of the best in Windsor”

Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 794 Restaurants in Windsor
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Mazaar, true to its translation, "a place you must visit".  Serving Windsor with two locations; Mazaar is an upscale-casual restaurant that offers authentic Lebanese cuisine in a comfortable yet energetic atmosphere. We at Mazaar combine friendly service with an extensive menu, offering a wide variety of fresh Lebanese entrees and appetizers. Lebanese food's rise to popularity is not only due to its wonderful flavour, but for its health promoting properties as well. This healthy alternative is being embraced by many including vegetarians in particular thanks to the number and variety of vegetarian dishes such as fattoush salad, tabouleh, hummus and baba ghanouj. In the true spirit of the Lebanese food, Mazaar welcomes you like close friends at a dinner gathering, and invites you to experience our fresh, healthy and flavouful Lebanese cuisine.
Reviewed April 22, 2010

service is superb.
the food is excellent.
prices are decent, and considering what you get, quite good.
what else do you want? It's excellent Lebanese food, let the server direct you if you aren't sure, they let you sample stuff, they have in house Lebanese wine that is fun to try.
What a great place to have in Windsor.

3  Thank Rufoosio

Reviewed March 4, 2010

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Windsor. I would definitely recommend the shishtawook. The pitas are served hot and fresh from the oven and the fattoush comes with the option of feta cheese. It's a dark and friendly atmosphere and the restaurant is small, but I've never had a problem getting in.

3  Thank philia88
mazaar, General Manager at Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2010

We are so glad you enjoy your visits to Mazaar, and appreciate the positive feedback.

We are currently expanding our restaurant at the same location. The expansion will include the dining room, and bar and lounge area.

Our main goal at Mazaar is customers satisfaction and we take it very seriously. We owe our very existence to our great loyal and supportive clientele and the least we can do is to make sure is to meet if not exceed their expectation.

Thanks again for your kind review and please feel free to contact any member of our management if you have any comments or suggestions.

Cheers,
Imad

Reviewed January 15, 2010

My wife and I have no doubts about crossing from Detroit to Windsor for a quality meal. Even with the increased security hassles, going to Mazaar proved to be one of the best meals we've had in months! It is incredibly close to the tunnel and has a unique if not a bit kitschy atmosphere. The service was not impeccable, but quite good. Their selection of wine and alcohol could be increased, but it has many quality but pricey selections. We plan on bringing family and friends to Mazaar in the future!

3  Thank photog_detroit
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Oh my goodness!! What an amazing place. We were in Windsor for a convention and wanted to go out somewhere nice to eat. I checked trip advisor and immediately decided we needed to try Mazaar. What a good decision! My friends were so impressed they thought I had been here before. Beautiful decor, excellent service, amazing food and great prices. I couldn't believe how much food we got for so little. Everyone was so impressed. Two people had the platter, one person had lentil soup and beef and I had fatoush with feta and spicy ground chicken with spicy potatoes. My tastebuds were amazed. I didn't want it to end. I must find out how to make those potatoes. While none of it was overly spicy, it was loaded with flavour. I wish I didn't live 5 hours from Windsor! I took a takeout menu to drool over later.
I would most definitely go back!!! YUMMY!!!

3  Thank melmobarrie
Reviewed September 14, 2009

In general, I don't write too many restaurant reviews here on tripadvisor- I think I've only done a couple.

But - in this case, I have to mention just how good this place is.

I am a frequent visitor to Windsor, and have now eaten here 4 or 5 times. On each visit, the food is better than the previous time. We had booked a table for 22 people for a celebration, and the service could not have been better. Seriously. We were assigned 2-3 servers at different times, seamlessly serving our food, making sure our wine was topped up, in general just making the event a perfect occasion for us.

I would probably commit murder just to eat some of the piping hot pita bread that magically appears on your table in bottomless fashion. On previous visits, I've eaten too many of them before my meal comes, but this time I held back. As a vegetarian, I am always worried about being an afterthought, but their vegetarian platter is a delicious feast. Perfectly cooked falafel, amazing puffed-spinach triangles (freshly made, not frozen) - not to mention the fattoush - probably the best I've ever had.

Anyways, I sound like I own the place or something - I wish I did because the place is always packed. I will definitely return for more great food whenever I'm back in Windsor.

3  Thank ozcanuck