“BEWARE”

Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 781 Restaurants in Windsor
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Mazaar, true to its translation, "a place you must visit".  Serving Windsor with two locations; Mazaar is an upscale-casual restaurant that offers authentic Lebanese cuisine in a comfortable yet energetic atmosphere. We at Mazaar combine friendly service with an extensive menu, offering a wide variety of fresh Lebanese entrees and appetizers. Lebanese food's rise to popularity is not only due to its wonderful flavour, but for its health promoting properties as well. This healthy alternative is being embraced by many including vegetarians in particular thanks to the number and variety of vegetarian dishes such as fattoush salad, tabouleh, hummus and baba ghanouj. In the true spirit of the Lebanese food, Mazaar welcomes you like close friends at a dinner gathering, and invites you to experience our fresh, healthy and flavouful Lebanese cuisine.
Amherstburg, Canada
“BEWARE”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have read great things on this website about Mazaars, so when it came up on Groupon I bought one right away. I bought the $60.00 one for $30.00 and told my two boys, one who will be 18 in two weeks and the other that will be 14 in 3.5 months, that we'd try the Mazaars Feast for 4 (adults) that is $99.00. I called ahead made a reservation, told them about the groupon and the gentlemen that answered did say it was for adults, I told him the age of my sons and what we'd be having. He said that would be fine. We drove all the way from the county were seated in the restaurant, I made sure I told them about the groupon, they told us that we could not use it because it had to be 4 adults over 18 regardless of the fact that the 4 of us were ordering a platter for 4 adults at $99.00, are you kidding me!!! Than I thought at least I could just get the $30.00 value that i prepaid to go towards the bill, instead of the $60.00 it is valued at, NO, they wouldn't let us use it at all. They said we'd just have to come back another time with 2 adults. Well that will NEVER HAPPEN! I am an honest person and i've always taught my sons to treat others the way you would like to be treated. I was very very disappointed in this restaurant and will never go back. My sons eat like adults, act like adults and are physically bigger than most adults. And in many other restaurants your are charged adult prices for children 13 and older. I have never written a bad review about a restaurant, but I just couldn't let this go. I hope I save someone the same trouble before they waste their money.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Lori G

Melbourne
“All Round Dinner Experience”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would not hesitate to go back to this Restaurant at all. Our host Tina was lovely, gave recommendations and took orders without needing to write them down. Why this was not super impressive initially as there were two of us dining, when she did it again for the table of seven opposite we were very impressed.

The meals are well priced, with good portions, the food is fresh and very tasty and the restaurant has a great ambience to it. It ticks all the boxes food, service and surrounds and we would highly recommend if you are looking for a nice well priced dining experience in Windsor.

Visited June 2013
Fergus
“A first, but hopefully not our last visit!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by Sprucewood Shores. We had no idea what to expect but were game to try something new! The atmosphere was great, the service and the food as well! I highly recommend this place!!!!

• Visited May 2013
Amherstburg
“Still going strong”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I love that this restaurant is so consistent.Whether I have been there with a group of over 20 people,8 people or just my partner and I,the service has always been great and food even better. Every time I know what to expect, and they deliver it. Servers are discreet and aware what's going on at the table,and if they are not, they are easily reachable.
I am sure that I will do many more visits and take more visitors to Windsor to this great place.

• Visited April 2013
Newcastle, Canada
“What is the struggle to deliver a salad and soup at the same time?”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife ordered a small salad as an appetizer and I ordered a "cup" of soup. Her salad came and it would have been enough for both of us. Five minutes went by...no soup...the waitress went by twice at great haste...she seemed to be far more interested in the table of four...perhaps repeat local customers and not tourists like ourselves. Finally she stopped and acknowledged that I did not have to soup and it would be right there...the server, not the waitress brought the soup sorry for the delay.

In deference to my wife not wanting a scene...I ate my soup and the rest of the meal was OK, but this was the second time at two different restaurants where the concept of timing appetizers for a couple...then the entree for the same couple...who came in together to eat together seems to have fallen by the wayside.

So we are home now...Mazaar...disappointing based on the reviews...remembered for the appetizer mistiming...or perhaps if the waitress had said..."I'm sorry, I forgot your soup" instead of leaving the sorry for the delay to the server...I might be more forgiving.

• Visited April 2013