“Hidden gem of Windsor”

Neighborhood: City Centre
Neighborhood: City Centre
“Hidden gem of Windsor”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is seriously the best restaurant in Windsor. Whenever we have company visiting we always take them to Marathon and they are always so impressed! Consistently delicious and fantastic service.

• Visited September 2013

Springfield, Virginia
“Great meal, first experience with this cuisine”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I came to this restaurant on the recommendation of the front desk in one of the downtown hotels. It was our first experience with an Ethiopian restaurant and it was simply wonderful. We ordered a vegetable combination with servings of six different vegetables and a simple salad, along with a beef side dish. The other entree was a lamb entree. Both of the meat dishes were cubed and seasoned superbly. The lamb was moderately spicy and the beef was mildly spicy to our specifications. It was presented on a large platter that allowed both of us to share. It came with a soft bread. You used the bread to pick up the meat and veggies, there was no need for a fork which we only kept "in standby". The blend of the flavors was just a delight. Everything was reasonably priced and we each had a glass of very good south african wine to accompany the meal. The entire meal for both of us including tax was less than $50, a bargain for such a feast. We watched and all the meals were cooked to order, and every one looked delicious. If we are ever in the WIndsor/Detroit area again we will definitely be back. This one is a keeper.

• Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Cold Food And Horrible Curstomer Service”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My friend and I came to this restaurant for our first time and ordered some food that sounded appetizing. We got our meals and our food was lukewarm to cool.After trying to get our waiters attention for ten minutes the owner finally came to us. He said "What's your problem" and I politely told him our food was cold. The owner starts yelling at us and telling us we're wrong and says he'll microwave our food. We asked can we get fresh ones and he said "No, you guys can just leave!" Then he took our plates, stacked them on top of each other, and told us to go as if we had done something wrong. Other customers were watching as well.

I was shocked, especially considering this was the owner as well. Rude customer service, I never complain about food in a restaurant but i know this is no way to handle a simple situation.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dameon S
windsor,ontario
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great atmosphere and clean with a large menu. I always order the meat and Vegetarian combo, very good and lots of assorted foods.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank denisenbrian
Ontario, Canada
“Favourite Place in Windsor — Attention Vegans!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I usually order the vegetarian platter for 2 on injera, which is VEGAN, and DELICIOUS, and very filling! It makes for awesome leftovers too if you can't finish the whole thing (I never can).

Never had a bad experience!

Visited September 2012