“good steaks, great specials”
Review of Nero's Steakhouse

Nero's Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 805 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went a Wednesday night to Nero's. They offered a regular menu and a special menu (that was very affordable). We decided to have steak from the regular menu, I love it . The wine was great too. But I din't like the chips, it was full of oil. Also they add bacon in the Caeser salad, that I was not expecting at all.
The service was friendly. I intend to go back there.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I treated my parents to dinner at Nero's last night. For the price we paid the food was very average and the service was very, very average. Waitress was border line rude. My father ordered a steak AA supposedly from Alberta. I've had steak from Alberta and believe me when I say they are succulent and very tender. This one was soooo tough it was impossible to chew. My father has never returned food before but for the price he paid $48. I insisted. The second steak was equally as tough. I had the cod. It was good but not great. My husband had the veal. That was decent but still not the worth the price. My mother ate very lightly and had the seafood chowder and a salad. Soup was great, salad dressing average. The best part of the meal was the view and the $80. bottle of wine we ordered. Sorry Ceasar's!!!! Step it up a bit or change the chef. Quality at those prices is expected. Once again the Casino wins!

2  Thank FactChick
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I had a 7:30 reservation on a busy Saturday evening. We ordered a bottle of Malbec to start which was very good but well overpriced. The mark-up on the wine here is extreme. I saw a bottle that we get back home for $15.99 priced at $75. Ridiculous. Next we split the crab cake appetizer. Let me tell you...it was delicious, but the cakes were tiny and there were only two. For $15 I at least expected them to be a decent size. Here's where I have to agree with the other reviews on the service being slow. We were there for 2 hours in all. I figured our server would've taken our order for mains when she brought the app. Not the case, she waited until we were finished, cleared the table and then came back to take our order. Don't get me wrong, we were in no hurry so it didn't bother me, but there was a show that night and I can see why some people would be upset. My wife and I both ordered the 8oz. AAA filet ($39), mine medium rare and hers medium and we split a side of lobster mac 'n cheese ($14). My steak was cooked perfectly and hers was a little on the rare side for her but she still enjoyed it. The lobster mac was rich and creamy, small in portion, and very hard to find the lobster. They should drop lobster from the name and stop charging people $14 for mac 'n cheese. I don't mind spending for a nice dinner, but the menu here is overpriced for the quality and quantity of the food and the wine mark up is hard to stomach. We dine here every time we come to Caesars but I don't know if we'll be back. Maybe I'm just spoiled because of the restaurants we have in Cleveland.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very nice restaurant, delicious food, service excellent, Had to be the best fillet I have ever eaten anywhere.

2  Thank Diane L
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here with our family. The food is excellent as well as the service. We would go back again next time we're in Windsor.

1  Thank sairs

Been to Nero's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!