“Certainly not Vegas!!!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Attended the Neros on Christmas eve before church, no reservation and the place wasnt busy at all. Showed up told them I didnt have a res. and they said you will have to wait until we sit those people there ( walking up to matron) first. How rude especially after the reservation customer advised them to take care of us first. Upon entry the place was barren and as we approached a nice table facing the river a waitress cut us right off and didnt even say excuse me or im sorry. The matron d did not even pul the chair out for my wife. The waitress was good but the food the prime rib 10 oz was nice and big but lacked real taste and the potato was ho hum boring!!!!
Over all the place should be ashamed of themselves for the price they charge!!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I could go into a long diatribe about how bad Nero's was but I'd rather not re-live the whole evening. Here are the lowlights:
- our table wasnt ready until 45 min after our reservation
- the food took 90 minutes to come out
- the steaks were bland and overcooked
- the restaurant manager was one of the rudest people we have ever dealt with in the food services industry

And to top it off, since we had the nerve to complain about the horrible meal resutling in a $800 bill, the manager called hotel security and had several of our party banned from the casino floor for the rest of the evening. It is pretty clear that no matter how bad your food is at Nero's, management will do nothing to make things right. I've heard the Keg down the street is excellent. Go there instead.

2  Thank DaveKay155019
Reviewed December 2, 2012

In all my many, many years of visiting Caesars Windsor I have never once set foot in Nero's, the "fancy eaten" place.
Since I had all those points from the last CET contest and since I noticed that they now offer some Fixed Price menus, I told my friend Donna to bring some "fancy eaten" clothes because we were going to dine in style.

We had a 5:30 reservation.
We were escorted to a window table with a view of the river. The chairs are so comfortable it is like sitting in your very own living room. The ambiance of the room is very soothing.

They have an Early Evening special from 5 to 6pm where you get soup or salad, an entree and a dessert for $38.00. They also have drink specials ($5) so we each ordered a Cosmopoliton.

We both started with the Seafood Chowder. I enjoyed it but it had a little too much kick for me. I would have prefered a milder taste.

Our selection for the entree was Beef Medallions and Garlic Shrimp with Yukon Mashed Potatoes and broccoli. The meal was just incredible. The beef just melted in your mouth.
And the portions were a decent size. You didn't leave the table hungry, like you do in some upscale places.

For dessert we chose the Chocolate Sliver which had an almost brownie like texture and was the perfect way to end the meal.

AS a Total Rewards member you also get a discount on the food as well as earning points.
The final bill was extremely reasonable. Our waiter was personable and attentive. (I just wish I could remember his name.)
It may have been my first visit there but it won't be my last!

AFter dinner we had some time to kill before we went to the Nutcracker Ballet, so we went to play. No fabulous hits like I had in Vegas but we had a lot of fun.

The Ballet was different. It must be 20 years since I attended one. My father used to bring me to the National Ballet every time it came to town. I enjoyed this but it is obviously a more subdued, quiet kind of show than what we are used to.
I found myself angry with the audience because they don't know when to clap. At the end of the performance there are multiple curtain calls and the cast comes out in various groupings and takes a bow. You are SUPPOSED to keep clapping...but Windsorites don't realize this I guess. I was embarrassed for us. No class.

After the show we returned to the slots and played until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. We were in bed by about 2:30am and up by 9am. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in bed while enjoying the movie Hope Springs with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones.

Then it was off to the pool for a leisurely swim. We cleaned up from that and went to hit the machines. I have been trying without success to get on our Tarzan machines and wonder of wonder ...two seats opened up as we walked by. I quite enjoyed those machines!!!

Around 4 we decided to go check out this new Diamond Lounge. Caesars Windsor has always had a Diamond Lounge, but you used to have to have over 50,000 tier points to walk in the door....so I have never set foot in it.

NOW...with this new Diamond Lounge they built in the basement all Diamonds can go in, but if you are under 25,000 you have to pay $10 a head. When I approached the desk I was trying to pay as I don't have 25,000 points, however apparently I made that level LAST YEAR...so they refused to take my money! LOL

I have heard other people describe what the Diamond Lounges are like in Atlantic City and it seems we are the same as they are now.
I was shocked to see an entire mini buffet spread out before me!!
The line started with soup (one choice--- Saturday it was cream of chicken with big chunks of chicken in it! Yummy!)) salads, buns, sliced meats, sliced cheese, egg salad...everything you need to make a sandwich. The next station was hot food--Chicken Cacciatore, pasta, vegetables. Then a fruit and dessert station.
This is a wonderful new perk! Sure hope it lasts!
We were thrilled to have this tasty meal for free.

We returned to the machines and I played as long as my money lasted. I went upstairs around 9pm. Donna hit a healthy bonus ($250) on Cash Wizard so she was ahead of the game! She came up around 10 and we watched TV and chatted for hours.

Sunday morning we had room service again. There is just something so luxurious about it.
Caesars was having a 7 times multiplier so we went downstairs for a little more play.
And , just because we could, we went for another free meal at the Diamond Lounge.
The food selections were a little different this time. My plate.

We packed up and headed for home around 4.
This will be the last weekend getaway for awhile.
Thanks for reading!

8  Thank Blonde4ever000
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Even though I took the time to make a reservation several weeks in advance I was put at a table in the back corner with no river veiw. I questioned this on the way out but was not given an acceptable answer.
Service was mediochre at best, not what you would expect for 'fine dininng'.
Steaks were very good, but no better than the Keg, yet much more expensive.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Looked forward all week to steak dinner at Nero's but told 5 minutes before or reservation time that our children would not be permitted in (Age 8 and 11). Seriously, an earlier mention would have been greatly appreciated.
TBQ, the alternative, was great!

Been to Nero's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!