“We'll Be Back! Place of Choice!”
Review of Marija's Place

Marija's Place
Ranked #357 of 781 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Lambton Shores, Canada
“We'll Be Back! Place of Choice!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clean,bright place , pleasant decor. Parking in back. Visit Windsor every 3 months and have been bouncing from breakfast/lunch place for a few years. Have enjoyed a few but Marijas is where we will go until something changes. Wife had breakfast $5.95 after 11 am. $4 .99 before. Excellent review. Coffee extra and came with an unexpected refill. I wanted to send back the home fries at first glance because of blackened appearence on one side. This is how they do it. Wife said, "They're great." Ate some and I agree. From a Hungarian background, it was like Gramma's(and mine). Soft, chunks of new potatoes(prefer russet) in paprika,garlic butter and probably one other taste. Simple but delicious.... When asked about the western sandwich? "How can you beat this. It was the best I've ever had," was my response. Hearty Cabbage soup came with the special. $7.50. Carrots, potaoes, cabbage, onions and spiced right. Could use a few more pieces of ham.(No deli ham here, real deal) Tasted like a canned tomatoe soup base with milk or cream. Background would dictate a thicker rue needed. Overall, a meal in itself. Excellent effort. I'm guessing, but meals seem to be cooked to order, so rushing out is not likely to happen. Think about $8- $10 per person,tax included.
Bottom Line: We'll Be Back! This is now our breakfast/lunch place of choice in Windsor..

• Visited March 2014

Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two new attractions”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

As of November 2013, Marija has two new items on her menu - her waffle sandwich and her banana bread French toast.
Both are excellent and filling. The sandwich has fried egg, cheese, bacon or ham or sausage, with a small waffle on either end pinned with a long fancy toothpick. Her banana bread French toast takes me back to my childhood and my Mum's cooking. Marija told me that the recipe is from HER mother and it is so delicious! Both of these items come with butter and syrup.
And her coffee is always so good too!
Ambrosia for the body and soul.
It is always delicious food at low prices at Marija's Place.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank David D
Jackson, Michigan
“Oh, my YUM!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a delightful and generous take out lunch that I split with my husband. Perogies with potatoes and cheese and topped with grilled onions and bacon- 5.25 and Philly Steak and Cheese sandwich on Cibautta bread with a crispy fresh house salad. 7.95. Delicious!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ArtByKatrina
Omaha, Nebraska
“Decent food and prices”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The europpean meat plate was excellent, however the hashbrowns were mushy and our pierogi's were undercooked. The service is average but the prices are good.

Visited September 2013
Ontario
“Our regular breakfast place”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is our breakfast spot. We've ate here at least twice a month for the last couple of years. We've tried others but are set on here. The food is very good, the prices can't be beat. Under $6 for eggs Benedict. They have 2 kinds of potatoes so you can pick your favorite. The have waffles and pancakes with fruit. Plus they also have the cheap 2 eggs bacon and toast deal. This is a breakfast and lunch spot.

The only caveat I have to say is plan to be there a while. The service is relatively slow. We're never under an hour and can be quite a bit longer on busy days. Get used to hearing "there's a few orders ahead of you so it might be a while". We just plan for a slow morning and drink plenty of coffee.

For the price you can't go wrong. Free parking in the back.

The service is practically a one woman show, I've endeared over time to her somewhat gruff personality and have just realized that she's trying to do it all and that she truly does care.
It's kind of like going to a stern aunt's house for breakfast. She'll make sure all your needs are met and that you leave full, but don't expect a hug. :)

We've gone as a couple and with the family. .

• Visited August 2012