“Best Motel Value in Windsor!”

Ivy Rose Motor Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here about 4 years ago.
Stayed one night last week, and as usual the owners and staff were very welcoming. We felt like their guests - not just customers. Place is decorated as if it were the owners own home with cluttery sort of Victorian style bric-a-brac... but makes for a cosy home-y feel. Best value for a place to stay!! Comfy beds, clean rooms, quiet, and they give you a coupon for discount on breakfast. Have a pool too!
We'll be back again.

Room Tip: Higher room has a lot of stairs to be climbed and no elevator. But no over head noise. Blower dry an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M B
There are newer reviews for Ivy Rose Motor Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in 2012 and really enjoyed it! The staff are wonderful, it is clean and the meals in the attached restaurant are first class! Good portions and great prices! Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night travelling from Chicago to Toronto, and have to say that the lady on reception who checked me in was very friendly. The rooms were a bit dated, but pretty standard motel rooms and plenty of space and comfortable bed.
We got $2 each off breakfast at the attached diner and I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast, plus the service was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ads102
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Ivy Rose while in Windsor the Skate Canada International Oct 24-29th, 2012. The rooms are basic but clean. We had a family room with 2 queen sized and two twin beds. There was an apartment sized frig, microwave and kettle but the kitchen was not supplied with any dishes, utensils etc. We were given coupons for $2.00 off breakfast at the restaurant. It was good food and the waitress staff were exceptional. They remembered our special needs. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Windsor treated me very well. There are other restaurants in the area, a Tim's across the road and you can see the Devonshire Mall from the Motel. It seemed our room was also used for storage as there were wooden tables and chairs stacked in our room but I didn't really care. The desk staff were very helpful. I would stay there again for a budget stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was not our first stay here and other members of my extended family stay here regularly when visiting Windsor.
The rooms are clean and many show signs of recent upgrades.
At $65 a night it's really hard to beat.
As for the restaurant we usually do the buffet breakfast and I love it as it's nearly impossible to find corned beer hash anywhere!
My wife ordered off the menu and her eggs were done perfectly and the size of the meal was also a great value.

Room Tip: My brother had room 124 and it was fully remodeled including an awesome mattress.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank newbytraveler
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is quite old, but clean and the owners and staff were very friendly and accomodating to make your stay comfortable. There is a restaurant on site, There is a play area for kids and an outside pool and a small putting green. Parking is just outside your room and you can even sit outside on benches. Shopping is close by and Tim's right across the street.
We would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are big and far enough from the street so you don't hear the noise
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank kalyna
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I needed a place for 2 nights as I was getting some work done at the Windsor Eye Institute. They shuttled me to and from the clinic both days, no charge. Rooms very clean. All ammenities were great, loved the putting green. I ate in the restaurant and the food was great and reasonably priced.
You are only minutes from the casino, the river front, good restaurants, with easy driving.
I will stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: corner suite close to ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo