“Consistently Superb!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walkerville
Reviewed February 16, 2013

As the manager of a small family-owned Bed & Breakfast for the past three years I have found that the first question our clients ask of us is "where is a great place to eat?"
We usually answer with "Do you like Italian, because we know this perfect place we can recommend?" To this day, we have yet to have anybody say anthing but good things about the food or more usually how they can't wait to go back to enjoy such great food.

I usually go about describing it as an Italian rustic farmhouse feel with an open concept kitchen.
Upon arrival you are usually met by the owner Dan unless it is busy on Friday or Saturday when the most helpful servers are ever present to answer all questions. Dan is always giving in his recommendations or suggestions concerning the menu and will even personalize the dish if you so wish. Anthony is always welcoming with a wave or hello when not head hunched over working at a furious pace over the stove with flames shooting upward!! If you enjoy a three course dinner there are two options of Table d'Hote menu to choose from which is unlimited but rarely needed with such generous portions at such a fair price.We continue to frequent Avanti as a family when we want to treat ourselves and to see the Ferriolo brothers and are grateful to recomend without hesitation a fellow community business that like ourselves, is in business for the passion of our callings.

3  Thank JamesDuffield
There are newer reviews for Ristorante Avanti

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I usually am happy when I leave this restaurant so we booked our NYE dinner for here.. 6 courses for $80 ... Not impressed at all seemed like they were trying to rush us out bringing course after course .. It wasn't even busy . The chicken with cranberries was disgusting and had no taste appeal .. The entire meal was not even worth $40 not happy and will not be returning ... Seems like they have lost their passion for cooking .. I could not get enough of this place when it first opened

1  Thank R M
avanti1317, Owner at Ristorante Avanti, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest

After 6 years in business i want to apolagize for dissapointing you . We try our hardest to please each and every single customer and after being in this business we find that to be impossible. Unfortunatly you were on the bad end of our efforts. The idea was not rushing your dinner but it was family style. We like our customers to eat Italian style like we do at home. Sorry if you are not custom to that or did not appreciate that. Thank you for the review to help us get better and strive to impress and all our guest.

Dan

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Went for an anniversary. Very pleasant staff (the 2 brothers). One cooks and the other serves, no other staff that we saw. I found the lights were too bright for fine dining.,a bit run down. Felt like we were going to someones house for supper rather than a night out on the town.Interesting watching the chef right in front of us cooking the meals. Food was excellent. Had the lamb and rabbit. Large portions at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went on advice two years ago and regularly visit for special occasions and when bringing friends and family. Dan and Tony run a very nice restaurant that is very cozy and the atmosphere is always laid back. The food is very good and they make you feel like you are special each time we go. Highly recommend.
Ron and Heather Harway

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Three of us traveled to Windsor for dinner on a Friday night. This time they had a 3 course dinner for $15. The caesar salad was large and outstanding. I don't like anchovies so this was perfect. I ordered the veal parm. Last time I had it is was a little tough. This time it was fantastic. It cut like butter. The pasta that was served with it was also very good. On top of that we were served a puff pastry with ice cream. Since the Ye Old Steak house closed a few years ago, this has been my favorite restaurant in Windsor. My wife and a friend of ours both had a chicken dish that was also very good. We are headed back on the 30th for dinner prepared by their mom. When my 30 days are up, I'll report on this upcoming dinner. Service is always great.