“Toronto, the beauty in back street”
Review of Toronto

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Neighborhoods
Neighborhoods
richmond hill
3 helpful votes
“Toronto, the beauty in back street”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Most tourists come to Toronto to see the City Hall, the University of Toronto, the theatres, the shopping streets, the water front, etc.. There are more to see in the back streets. You will see it is a nice place to live.

2 Thank yzhao60
Abilene, Tx
“I guess it's not everywhere I want to be...”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Just got back from Toronto, ON, CA.. and Niagara Falls.. while the trip was amazing, we noticed a lot of places DO NOT take VISA, or if they do you CAN NOT get cash back... don't know if it is a Providential thing or if it is all of Canada, but remember to get cash or bring a MasterCard.. a lot of the ATMs don't take Visa as well so don't bank on that. Just FYI, friends!!

-Wyndi-

Boston, MA
3 helpful votes
“Becareful of the Ripoff toll roads in the Toronto, CA area”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

When traveling to the Toronto area be very careful of the electronic toll roads. As a tourist some of us are usually using our GPS units to navigate around. Be sure you disable your toll road function on your GPS unit. I found myself on the 407 ETR which is an electronic toll only highway. You can see a couple signs being a toll road and say electronic tolls, but no warning of do not enter unless you have a 407 ETR toll transponder. No display of fines if you enter without a transponder.

I found myself on the 407 ETR when my GPS directed me into the highway. I call the 407 ETR to pay for the toll since I did not mean to avoid the toll fee. They told me the flat fee for going on without a transponder is $50.00 CA Dollars plus processing fees. This is a ridiculous charge and should be a lowered fee not to punish tourists that visit their province. It is obvious that my license plate is from US and it is a simple mistake. They automatically take a picture of your plate and send you a bill at the end of the month. If Toronto, CA thinks that this acceptable then I recommend not to ever visit this area again.

David

3 Thank Bostontraveler00
Birmingham, United Kingdom
71 helpful votes
“TORONTO”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Our family have just spent six days in Toronto, what a fantastic city. Stayed at the Novotel central on the Esplanade, which was great for a family of three, as kids stay & eat free

Extreemly clean and safe & locals are so friendly, had dinner at the top of the CNN tower, truly awe inspiring. The harbour area was great, lots of activities at the weekend for the family & the Toronto Islands were beautiful. ( take a picnic if you can )

We visited Niagra falls via Niagra on the lake which is a really quaint village with lots of nice shops. I preferred this to the actual falls, as the area is aimed soley at the tourists and full of amusement attractions, Take a change of clothes if you intend going on the Maid of the Mist boat trip.!

The only downside to Toronto is the cost of food & drinks - $5 - $8 dollars for a beer, and most things including meals have tax & service charge on top when you get the bills. ( at the CNN tower seven of us had a meal and were charged $88.00 service charge).

However St Lawrence market has fantastic takeaway stalls, a chinese meal with noodles or rice with two main choices was 2 meals for $10.00 and it was delicious.

Also you must go to Paddingtons at St Lawrence market for food especially breakfast, huge tasty portions at reasonable prices.

I have to say Toronto was probably the nicest city break I've had, cant wait to save up & go back !

1 Thank Rubyreg
Hyderabad, India
1 helpful vote
“london”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Satisfy experience for sure!!had a great time.
The best part was London eye..

1 Thank saakshi

Been to Toronto? Share your experiences!