“Best Persian restaurant in Toronto...”
Review of Shomal

Shomal
Ranked #2,643 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We love Persian food and we have been there many times. The atmosphere is authentic and some of the cuisines represent towns near Caspian sea in Iran. Their variety of rice and beef and chicken kababs are simply delicious . They also have amazing appetizers such as marinated olives in pomegranate juice and walnuts and couple of dishes with eggplant and they all are so good. Barry &Sherry

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I made a large order for a company lunch meeting and confirmed several times: the order, the delivery time, etc - promised a good tip but was very specific that the time of delivery has to be no later than what I requested, and asked if I should just come pick it up just in case they cannot make it - they assured me everything will be perfect. Spoke to the restaurant 8 or more times and even on the day of, we connected just as they were about to start making the order just to ensure everything is correct. The restaurant is about 5 min away by car. At the time of the expected delivery, they call me to tell me they messed up and the order won't be coming and that I should wait 45 min as they are about to start making the food. Also, that someone from my company called and ordered at least 100$ worth of stuff more (no one called, no one here even knew I ordered it from this place). I said don't bother, the team will go out for lunch. The restaurant calls me 1.5hrs later to tell me the food is on its way, then again an hour after - saying they will bring it in 5 minutes. WORST service, horrible staff, insanely rude. Place deserves to be closed.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank allegracoffee
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I had a grate time with my family . The food was perfect with a nice atmosphere. I really recommend that cause you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

I came with a group of my friends that were both persian and non persian and got exceptional service from the staff. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very culturally appealing, and the food reflected that as well. Our food came out hot and was delicious. We got a platter mixed with signature kebabs as well as their famous kebab torsh. The appetizers are highly recommended as it comes with their freshly made hot tandoori bread. Overall, i would definitely go back and take my guests there!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Shomal is an Iranian restaurant with special decoration for north of iran, the food is nice specially Kabab Torsh & Kashko bademjan.
however the service needs improvements, some times nobody comes to take order or ask if we need anything!

Date of visit: June 2017