“Expensive for a mom and pop shop”
Review of Paprika Bathurst St Eatery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paprika Bathurst St Eatery
Neighborhood: North York
Neighborhood: North York
“Expensive for a mom and pop shop”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch on a Saturday. Our table was the only customers for the entire time we were there, not a good sign. There was no lunch menu. The dishes are about $11-15. Schnitzel was good. Barbarian delight was a joke; too much money for potato and meat pieces. For $17 per person for lunch, we should have gone to somewhere else.

Visited April 2013

Hongze County, China
“Tasty Hungarian Food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am not Hungarian and all I know about Hungarian Food is Cabbage Roll or may be Schnitzel. I discovered that restaurant is by chance because I was recommended that Gryfe's Bagels was very good and I noticed this restaurant which was across the street. The menu is both in English and Hungary. The food I assumed is authentic because of the person who served us ( I believed he is the owner) and the decoration. The four of us had tried three different dishes. The wiener schnitzels (we ordered two) was perfect. The batter was crispy yet not greasy. I ordered the stuffed green pepper which was delicious and the best among all of them is the Barbarian Delight. I will go back and will order the barbarian delight just for myself. The crepes was not bad but not very good either. The chocolate layer cake was yummy. Will go back again and again. Don't forget to go to Gryfe's and try their bagels too. It is the best bagels I found in Toronto so far.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Long time customer, can't get enough of this place. Come once and you will find yourself craving the schnitzle regularly! Better then crack!

Toronto, Canada
“Quirky but tasty”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is one of the little low key restaurants that's not on most people's radar. The decor is a little tacky and very Hungarian. The seating is okay. The menu is interesting. The food is fantastic and reasonable. It's homemade, freshly prepared. The schnitzel is to die for; have it with little dumplings and not the rice and get a side order of cucumber salad. The fried chicken liver is sinful, but such a treat. Both the veal and chicken paprikas are always flavourful and filling. Actually, everything is very consistently good, and being Hungarian, I know whereof I speak in the matter of Hungarian cooking. The owners are the main worker bees; their English is halting but effective. There is not beer, wine or liquor, but the food makes their absence unnoticed. It's cash only, no credit cards, but truth is, it's hard to run up a big tab unless there are lots of you eating together. I have a soft spot for this place, even though it at first it makes you think twice about going in. But once in, you'll return regularly, as I do with family and friends, or even alone.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank BartMBart
Toronto, Canada
“SUCH A GREAT PLACE TO EAT !”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Great homemade Hungarian food. Everything IS beautifully homemade. My fav dish is the schnitzel...yummmm. The atmosphere is kinda old world bohemian and we loved it.

Visited March 2012