Review of Olympic 76 Pizza

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 10, 2013

In the two years my daughter has lived around the corner from Olympic, we've never stopped in until now. Now that we've discovered it, we've been back several times. Amazing pizza. Great taste and texture. Good value. It seems to be very much a neighborhood place with everything from couples to larger family groups. Big screen TV for watching football (or whatever sports are happening. we happened to be there on superbowl night for one visit) but no volume to disrupt dining. Staff is very friendly and attentive.

• Visited February 2013

Toronto
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been going to Olympic 76 Pizza for 16 years.

They used to be located right across the street from their current location, but the same owners, cooks, and recipes have been the same, year after year.

Without a doubt. This is the best pizza in Toronto.

If you are ever near Yonge and Bloor (it's just south of there, on Gloucester).... do yourself a favour, and stop in.

The personal/mini size will fill you, but I usually get the medium, so I can have take out/leftovers.

Cheers.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“The best pizza in downtown Toronto”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

All I can say is the piza is the best. Loaded with the ingredients of your choice or a selection from the menu, the price and value cannot be beat. No other pizza in downtown Toronto comes close. Get a seat by the window if possible.

• Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Simple. Authentic. No sugar coating.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Heard about this place so I gave it a try. As an experienced pizza eater and wood oven expert I know my food.

Do I rank this pizza on my top ten? No. But considering the price the location the service I'd definitely say it's worth a try.

It wasn't wood oven but sure looked and tasted like it . Portions are generous and me and my wife we had spaghetti meat balls and meat lover pizza. Again was it the best ever? Nope. Was it good? Absolutely. Worth a try? Sure.

I respect places that dont change. I respect places who do it their way. Olympic does it their way and have so since 1976.

How many places do you eat at can say the same? Bon Appettit!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza. Quality Ingredients.”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is a place that still does everything the old school style. I bet they haven't changed the recipe or the ingredients since 1976.

The atmosphere and decor seems from the '70s as well but that is part of the charm, I think.

The prices are very low. For example, if you order a pasta dish which mostly go for around $11-$13, it includes a large garden salad.

The service is a bit slow so be warned. I think it's all worth it though.

• Visited May 2012