“Pretty much what you would expect”
Review of Markham Station

Markham Station
Ranked #4,738 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I have eaten here a few times and if there was anything better nearby, believe me I would not be going back here. The place is in real need of a very deep clean and an extensive re-decoration, if not a full renovation. Everything is predictably sticky, so unless you want to get sticky fingers as well, I recommend that you use a napkin to handle the ketchup, salt&pepper pots etc. The tables are only wiped down with the obligatory damp greasy cloth leaving that awful 'dirty washing' smell that no-one else seems to be able to smell. Be careful where you are sitting as the chairs may well have the remnants of the last customers meal on them. So while the place is not so bad that you will want to do a u-turn at the door.. I wouldn't look too closely, you will not be impressed.

The service is ok... I have only been here when it was really busy, so I didn't expect dedicated attentive service and believe me... I wasn't surprised. But the ladies were doing their best and while a little short... they were not rude or anything... just clearly not very happy to be there.

The food is standard diner type fair... not too much attention to detail... lots of frozen stuff heated up and completely absent of any finesse or striving for excellence. I have tried the all day breakfast a couple of times.. the Greek salad and the cheeseburger and fries. Nothing was over-priced or bad enough to be sent back. But given the prices and the quality, I thought it wasn't very good value.

In conclusion. I will go back... given that there is nothing really better in the area, they are doing enough (just) to keep my (reluctant) business.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our family of four had a late dinner here after a day in Toronto. It was close to our hotel and had a menu that looked like we could all find something we liked.

The restaurant wasn't very busy, being well beyond the dinner rush. Our server was friendly and had time to give us (two adults, a teen and a tween) a little extra attention. We were very happy with the service.

As for the food: My husband and I both had fish and chips, and for the price we did not expect two big portions of fish and more fries than we could eat! My daughter had a cheeseburger and fries, and my son had the tbone special. Everything was very tasty and came to us piping hot. My son was thrilled that they had malt vinegar for his fries!

Just one minor complaint: they do not accept Interac. They take credit cards but no debit. This seems like a real oversight. They do have an ATM, but it's the kind that charges $1.75 per transaction.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have been here twice, both times service and food were great.
If you go before 11am you save a few dollars on breakfasts.
Nice place for a weekend brunch

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Have eaten many many times at Markham Station everyone working is kind and friendly. Love a variety of foods including burgers, souvlaki, fish and chips. take out is fast, bar is great to watch sports, have a few drinks. Nothing better for the money in the area, quality and quantity of the food is very decent for what you pay.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Been there for ever and there is a reason. Food is good value is decent and staff are super!!!!! Location to our hotel was a bonus.