“Unassuming but excellent taverna”
Review of Athens Restaurant

Athens Restaurant
Ranked #539 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: East End
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I avoided this restaurant because the men that are always standing outside smoking and drinking made me think that it was more of a bar than a restaurant. One night, a friend took us there. I've now been back 5 or 6 times, and it has been consistently excellent. The lamb chops and souvlaki are superb. I particularly like the cod with spinach; very home made and generous. The tomatoes in the salads are ripe, unlike the ice-cold pink tomatoes that unfortunately feature at many Danforth restaurants. Plus, the prices are extremely reasonable. I would say that it's the only Toronto restaurant that reminds of a real Greek taverna!

3  Thank lolatengo

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Best lamb chops in the city! Great food. Real authentic Greek food! We will definitely recommend this restaurant to our family and friends.

4  Thank Foodboss43
Reviewed August 10, 2011

The food was unbelievable from the appetizers to the main courses. True authentic Greek food. By far, one of the best Greek restaurants we've eaten at. Try the lamb chops and shrimps.

5  Thank Bestest10