“Saffron and saris”
Review of Little India

Little India
Ranked #221 of 532 things to do in Toronto
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The best place in Toronto to buy saffron and saris.
Saffron is not from Spain but does an excellent job in my paella.
Bought myself a beautiful mans sari jacket for Halloween which I am wanting to wear to a wedding at some point.
Great shops and sites with a ton of restaurants to choose from.
Great place for vegetarians.

1  Thank PeterBruceG

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I rest my case. Look, this area is primarily a residential area for folks who come from the sub-continent. It is not gussied up for tourists. Travelers who've been to India, Pakistan and Afghanistan will be sorely disappointed at this pale imitation. Its been awhile since camels, elephants and saddhus were allowed on the streets of Toronto. Nearly all the eateries are the samesamesamesame: avreage quality buffets with little difference between. No scratch that....*with NO difference between. That being said, I am addicted to eating lunch here, because I like the unpretentious atmosphere and predictable price point. There is also a good quality public library branch here (Gerrard-Ashdale). Public TTC access is outstanding, so one takes either the 506 streetcar tram across Gerrard or the Coxwell 22 bus (from the subway station of the same name). A few of the local merchants should have their butts kicked for unacceptably curt, almost rude service. But the majority are fine. Where else in Canada can one gor for a relaxing stroll and smell such lovely incense plus spices? Recent years have seen an upswing in efforts to make holidays a worthwhile for tourists (and locals) to pay a visit here. Such as tomorrow's Diwali celebrations....I am done. The end.

1  Thank zebecToronto
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I love coming here, you feel as if you've been transported out of Toronto. the key is to go hungry, there are so many great restaurant along this strip.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

But no real draw (disclaimer...I just returned from India). Restaurants are generally small and difficult to figure out the quality thereof.

1  Thank AuTomJoy
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Having decide dot have an Indian meal we went it Little India where else!!I was in India last year so I enjoyed walking along the street full of the smells,sights ,colours of India.Lots of stores selling clothes and other Indian outfits

2  Thank Mary38677