“Quality beers in a cozy atmosphere”

Mill Street Brew Pub
Ranked #112 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We visited this place during Christmas Market time on a Friday evening. The place was packed but with two you always find a table. We were tempted to order some food since they looked delicious and other quests seemed to be enjoying the treats but since we were going to eat in another place afterwards we settled with their beer tasting plates. Ordering the beer plates happened fast but since there were a lot of other guests getting our order took its time. The order wasn't also correct but it was a happy mistake since we got the bigger tasting plates (8oz glasses) in price of the smaller ones (6oz). The beer was really good and I also liked the atmosphere a lot - not just the pub itself but the area around it as well (Distillery District). Recommended!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Famous as the anchor of the Distillery district. Famous as a brewpub. With a good range of very good beers. Nice atmosphere, and good service. The food? Well, it's a pub, and the food is not outstanding in terms of quality or price. But I'd go back to this pub because it's quite good at being a pub.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

What an awesome place in the middle of the distillery district in Toronto. I loved our experience here. We didn't get a great table (out in the open when I would've preferred something to the side or a booth), and I still had an amazing time. The beer is fantastic - we started with a flight of 6oz. glasses trying some of the lighter beers on tap. Ended up LOVING the organic and ordered a pitcher. I HIGHLY recommend the short rib poutine. I definitely wished this would've been bigger - we split it between the two of is and it was a perfect starter and absolutely delicious. For dinner I had the turkey club with fries - not too bad, the fries were amazing, and the turkey club was ok but probably would choose something different next time I go. It's made with real turkey and is absolutely huge, definitely a great choice just not my thing at this specific restaurant.

There were four of us, four entrees, two appetizers, a flight of 6oz beers, one pitcher, and a lot of other drinks (something like 7 crown and cokes, and a few other random beers), and the total bill was about $250 (before tip) which for four people and that amount of alcohol/food I think is totally reasonable.

Excellent restaurant and highly recommended. I would definitely go back the next time I am in Toronto. Thanks everyone from Mill Street!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was at Mill St this past Sunday January 26, 2014. We were the first table in the restaurant that morning. The manager opened the door for us early because it was so cold outside. I was with my wife and the lovely manager gave is a seat near the fireplace which was so nice of her. Our waiter came over right away and he explained all the beers in detail and suggested some food. We both had the breakfast which was a big portion and great. We had some beers and some samples. The breakfast was perfectly cooked and the beer was so fresh and tasty. As someone who has managed many bars in my time, I want to thank the staff for such a great job. I completed a survey the waiter gave me which entered me into a draw and asked about my experience. From the moment we walked in, to the moments we left this experience was memorable. Even the beer store staff was friendly.I strongly suggest you stop by this place if your in the area. Great food, great beer, and a great staff

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Dad and I went there for a burger Sunday night. Was nice to see it was crowded but didnt have to wait in line. Place is big! Typical pub food on the menu but I will say the burger was very tasty. Great service. All around good place to go if you are not looking for "trendy" in a very trendy area.