“A nice place”

Mill Street Brew Pub
Ranked #123 of 8,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Krakow, Poland
“A nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The place is nice and the food is quite good. The selection of beer is interesting and tasty. Staff was also nice but a little slow. Yet regarding the brewery tour, I was a little disappointed. It is not a "tour" but rather standing in one spot listening to the brewer. The brewer was nice and passionate about what she does yet the "tour" was going on and on and forever. I would be much more interesting if we could actually walk and see stuff instead of being kept in a small room for ages.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank carolineeeee

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Staff that makes a difference!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've read some nasty reviews about the mill st brewpub but when my wife's friends recommended it I really had no choice. I walked in pleased with the atmosphere and while I was waiting longer to be acknowledged the I would have liked, all in all it wasn't bad. What really threw me off was being asked if i was in the right restaurant??? i guess they have a sister restaurant. i felt that came across as desperate and made me second guess my choice. The beer was great and the food was good.
What, you are asking made this a great experience? Our server!! He was a friendly and helpful gent who was very passionate about all things mill st, especially the beer. When prompted as to how he knew all that he did I was very impressed to find out the level of training this man has gone through! If any of the other staff has his passion and knowledge about their work, this truly is a place I will not only revisit but bring all my coworkers, friends, family and strangers on the street. Bearded beer man, you made my lunch and made my wife's day. They are lucky to have you.

• Visited September 2013
“Extremely slow.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

On the Tank st patio.
Dissatisfied today be extremely slow service. The guy at the entrance sat me and then I just got left there.
Two waitresses passed me by the manager wasn't paying attention either. I had to literally shout to get the attention of a waitress (who is now giving me dirty looks) Even then it was a while before another waiter came out.
The previous time I was here I sat inside, had great waiter but the airconditioner was at arctic temperatures.
They should also change the oil for the fries, I couldn't eat them.
Average rating.
I won't go back.

• Visited August 2013
brewpub_manager, General Manager at Mill Street Brew Pub, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear MrNicolas,

My name is Gabriela Nedomova and as General Manager of Toronto’s Mill Street Brew Pub, I would like to thank you for the time you took to provide us with your feedback. Please, accept my apology for the lack of service and the substandard food you had experienced at our pub. I can assure you that the issues you raised in your review have been addressed with our team and we hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you in the future. If you would like to contact me personally, please call me at the pub at (416) 681-0338 ext. 1.

Gabriela Nedomova
Toronto, Canada
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My fiancée and I sat on the new Mill Street Beer Hall patio Sunday afternoon and had an excellent experience. Our server, Rob, was very knowledgeable and attentive, giving great beer and food suggestions. The food itself was delicious and the kale salad was a personal favourite. I love the huge ceiling fans and the atmosphere was relaxing with live jazz and lush greenery swaying in the breeze. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013
brewpub_manager, General Manager at Mill Street Brew Pub, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Robynder,

My name is Gabriela Nedomova and as General Manager of Toronto’s Beer Hall at the Mill Street Brew Pub I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at our establishment on tripadvisor.ca on Sunday August 25th.
Server Rob and the entire management team were very pleased to read that you and your fiancée enjoyed the food, the service and the atmosphere at our new Mill Street Beer Hall patio. Please, do I ask for Gabi on your next visit as I would like to personally Thank you for this encouraging feedback.

Cheers,
Gabriela Nedomova
Beer Hall at the Mill Street Brew Pub
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent food and beer, but ridiculously slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a good meal here late on a Sunday night, enjoying the many beer options and the decent food, but I'm writing this review mainly to warn visitors about the ridiculously slow service. We were seated and quickly greeted by a young woman who said she would be our server. She said she would be back momentarily to get our drink orders. We waited at least 15 minutes and she never showed up again. Eventually, another waitperson stopped by to say that she would be our new waitstaff. She took our orders and we waited another 15 minutes before our beer came. We asked for water at that point but didn't see our waitperson again for close to 30 minutes, at which time our food arrived. At least some of it. We had four people and had ordered four meals -- a pasta, an entrée salad, and two personal pizzas. The pizzas and pasta arrived but no salad. We figured it would come out momentarily. Bad assumption. When we next saw our waitperson 20 minutes later, we were too tired of waiting to ask for the salad. We did make the mistake of ordering two more beers at that time. Another 20 minutes later, our beers finally arrived and we asked for the check, figuring it might arrive before dawn. When it did, it of course included the salad that we never received.

Again, we had no complaints about the beer or food, but the service (on a Sunday night, not a Friday or Saturday) was so slow we would never go back here or recommend that anyone else do so.

Dear pghtrips,
I want you to know that I was shocked to hear of the issues you raised in regards to the level of service you received. I assure you that this matter has been addressed with all service staff and the entire management team. While I'm very disappointed that this kind of experience could be had within a pub that we operate, I hope that you will allow me the opportunity to make it up to you so you can return to our establishment when back in Toronto and experience the Beer Hall as it is intended; top notch food and drink, professionally served in a great atmosphere. Please contact me at 416-681-0338 ext. 1 or my email at toronto@millstreetbrewpub.ca. Thank you again for the valuable feedback and I look forward hearing from you so we can discuss this in person.

Sincerely, Gabriela Nedomova