“Nothing special, but not bad either”

Brazen Head Irish Pub
Ranked #1,770 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is a run of the mill pub serving the usual stuff. Not bad for a few drinks and live music. Drinks were reasonable and they had a decent whiskey selection.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Love the interior and atmosphere! Service was great and staff were very friendly. Had the Eggs Benedict with Salmon and spicy chipotle mayo - WAS DELICIOUS! Was sold on variety of options on their menu also. Portions were great for the price and I will definitely be going back again. Go early to get the patio! Place gets packed!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I eat here when I am in the mood for a lunch in a Great Room with fireplace, wood trim, and a long bar on the side to wait for tables while enjoying a sipping Scotch with a fellow lover of Single Malt Scotches.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Went for brunch on Sunday with a few girlfriends and it was great! Had the fried egg sandwich on multigrain, with sweet potato fries and a spicy chipotle dip. Yum. I think the waitress was new but really nice and very helpful! Wish we'd tried the Caesars - the table next to us had them and they looked great! The patio looks nice too - was raining though - will have to come back!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I'm very surprised at the negativity in some of these reviews. My wife and I, together with various friends and relatives--including outoftown guests--have had many meals here over several years now. We've gone for early brunch, weekday lunch, happy hour specials and the occasional evening meal, especially when it's warm enough to enjoy the various patios and decks outside. The food quality has been aboveaverage for a Toronto chain pub, prices about par and the service almost always good.

Now: some of the problems other Tripadvisors have spoken of may have occured on days when the place gets just TOO busy for its own good. I always time our visits so that we don't clash with the BMO Field soccer crowds, Ricoh Coliseum hockey crowds and other such large, superenthusiastic groups. This Liberty Village and Exhibition Place area is really hopping nowadays. On two visits recently, the computer systems were giving trouble and I can well appreciate that folks in a greater hurry than ourselves would have left unhappy.

I can only point out, however, that even though the number of competing eating places in the area has probably quadrupled these past few years, the Brazen Head has remained very successful. They must be doing most things right.

1  Thank Torontotraveller2