“Expensive”
Review of The Mizzen

The Mizzen
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mizzen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,049 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Business meetings
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good food, very expensive. Breakfast for two $70.00
Service was excellent, quality of food A+
Just a little pricey to eat there every day

2  Thank barcardigirl
There are newer reviews for The Mizzen

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The buffet was Ok but lacked some of the things we have found at similar hotel restaurants. The smoothies were a hit with everyone so it ran out quickly. There was little choice of meats; one member of the part really wanted smoked salmon but there was none. Service was excellent.

1  Thank NRuthC
Reviewed October 10, 2012

There was a great variety of foods offered - eggs, fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, bread pudding, quesadillas, pizza, grilled veggies, french toast, pancakes, bacon, potatoes. It was all very good and the service was excellent.

1  Thank LifeOptimist
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Had the buffet breakfast. There was an excellent choice to select from, and the staff was very pleasant and attentive

1  Thank pettiger
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm well aware of the inflated prices at hotels for food, but this one is a bit ridiculous. Someone sat us and told us to start on the buffet. When I said I would prefer a menu, he said, "OK, yeah." He proceeded to bring coffee and orange juice (which I didn't ask for) and I said I didn't want orange juice. He poured it anyway. I eventually got a menu and ordered the steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon and honey. It was $10.50, which I expected, in spite of the fact that it's crazy. My daughter had the $22 buffet that included coffee and orange juice. I got my oats... without honey or cinnamon. It had brown sugar and walnuts on the side. When the added the $5.50 (!!) for coffee, plus the $5.50 (!!) for orange juice that sat untouched on the table, I ended up with a $21 breakfast. I could have had the buffet for a dollar more!!

The place is a rip off and the staff was sullen and unpleasant, except for our waitress. Go down the street to the Cocoberry cafe and have a nice breakfast with an amazing chai instead.

1  Thank Roshalau